Our Launchpad Service was created to help and support new and emerging companies serving the education sector. It is designed for companies to benefit from the training and research opportunities offered by BESA before they are eligible to apply for our full flagship membership benefits. Launchpad is the perfect way to become involved with a Trade Association representing companies' interests in the education marketplace.
Types of eligible company
The service is on offer to companies who fulfil all of the following:
- excepting the two year rule and accounts requirements, fulfil all other BESA criteria for actual membership
- can demonstrate that the whole focus of their business is on selling products or services to educational institutions
- agree to abide by the BESA Code of Practice.
Period of eligibility
- is available for two years from the date of incorporation of a company in the UK or the date when it started selling to education, whichever is the latter
- may then be extended for (one) further year if the only impediment to BESA membership is profitability or other acceptance of accounts.
The cost of the service is:
- an annual payment of £499 + VAT.
Description of services
The service offer is:
- all BESA services (except the provision of international business opportunity information if the company has a non-UK parent)
- includes invitations to events designed for such companies as business development activities and invitations to apply to any relevant BESA Special Interest Group
- BUT it is not membership of BESA and excludes promotion of the company in the BESAapp / BESAbrochure or on website and excludes any permission for the company to refer to itself as a BESA member or use the BESA logo or to use the Launchpad Service to infer any recommendation of the company by BESA
- is separate from membership of BESA and has no automatic right to full BESA membership after the Launchpad Service package duration is exhausted.
The Launchpad Service:
- requires application to the BESA Executive Council for approval by vote of the Council and Council's decision to accept or reject an application is final
- is not available to subsidiaries of companies where the parent would be eligible for full membership (with the subsidiary as an associate group member)
- is available to subsidiaries of foreign companies where the subsidiary is the first foray into the UK market by the foreign parent, but in such cases excludes international services.
If you wish to apply for the Launchpad Service please download the application form here. It is important that you can comply with the Association's Launchpad Service criteria before applying. Please print the form off and send in via email or post.
Applications are then sent in writing to the Executive Council who have up to 7 days to comment. The Executive Council of the Association approves all applications and is the body which ensures consistency. If no objections are received the applicant is deemed as being unanimously approved.
After approval from the Executive Council we will ask you to forward your payment to the secretariat.
Once payment has been received, the secretariat will send a welcome pack and pre-register you for access to the member-only area of the BESA website.