Department for International Trade (DIT) works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets, and encourage the best overseas companies to look to the UK as their global partner of choice.
DIT has professional advisers both within the UK and across more than 100 international markets.
DIT has a customer commitment to helping its UK and international customers by providing a range of services, to a high standard and improve customer service by listening to customer feedback.
They also have a co-ordination role across government to establish a more systematic approach to relationships with companies which are the most economically significant investors and exporters.
DIT aims & objectives are to:
- Deliver measurable improvement in the business performance of Department for International Trade customers, with an emphasis on innovative and R&D active firms.
- Increase the contribution of foreign direct investment to knowledge intensive economic activity in the UK, including R&D.
- Deliver a measurable improvement in the reputation of the UK in leading overseas markets as the international business partner of choice.
DIT is the government department that offers practical help and advice for businesses trading internationally. For more information visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-trade
Open to Export will help you to:
- explore potential international opportunities for your business
- get bespoke answers from experts and other experienced exporters
- access practical insights on important overseas issues
- connect with experience UK businesses and service providers
- find relevant products, services and events
- share your experience with other companies looking to go global
Open to export is a free online services designed to provide a single source of advice, inforamtion and intelligence for UK exporters seeking help. The system will enable you to get feedback directly and quickly from government organisations and the business community, including existing exporters and relevant services providers such as lawyers, accountants and trade associations.
To register please go to www.opentoexport.com
UK Export Finance (UKEF) is the UK’s export credit agency. UKEF helps UK exporters by providing guarantees and insurance policies,
complementing support on offer in the private sector, and guidance on sources of export finance.
UK Export Finance is the operating name of the Export Credits Guarantee Department (ECGD).
UKEF has regional Export Finance Advisers located across the UK and they are the first point of contact for advice.
To speak to an adviser directly, please contact them on: