Business Development Manager – Practice Pal
£35,000 - £40,000
April 22, 2022
Do you have a background in education? Experienced in business development? Want to take ownership of sales for a well-backed, award-winning start-up building something ground-breaking? This might be the role for you!
Practice Pal are a software company in the education sector, specifically music education. They’re building a ground-breaking platform to improve the quality and efficiency of music education for students, teachers, and schools.
The company has secured significant investment from well-renowned investors and is entering a significant growth phase.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented Business Development professional, excited by the challenge of establishing sales processes and owning business growth. You’ll be responsible for actioning a list of existing leads and regular new inbound leads.
- Proactively actioning leads via phone and email
- Continually following up by contacting leads until the end result is achieved
- Introducing the product and arranging demos
- Delivering online demos
- Attending site visits to customers, primarily schools
- Closing sales post-demo
- Guiding customers through the next actions, leading to setting up their accounts and onboarding, including arranging assessments, safeguarding conversations, IT conversations, etc.
- £35,000-40,000 annual salary
- Annual training budget for you to invest in your professional development – likely to be the Institute of Sales Management training to support and grow your sales skills
- Remote and flexible working
- Regular socials
- Team away days for planning sessions, usually followed by a meal and drinks
To be successful, you will…
…have a growth mindset
…be highly organised
…have an entrepreneurial spirit
…be bright and energetic
…have an excellent level of written English
…have a strong understanding of technology
…probably have been doing this role in a larger team and want to break out and take the lead
…have experience in schools – maybe you’re a former teacher?
…achieved good results at A-level
…know how to manage a CRM
…know how to set up processes
If you’re looking for an exciting position with an innovative company, apply now!