Education Trade Sales Manager
October 31, 2018
Education Trade Sales Manager – Learning Resources
Learning Resources®, a manufacturer of educational toys and learning aids, promotes, sells and distributes its award-winning products to customers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa & India
Would you like to join our team? we have a requirement for an Education Trade Sales Manager. This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week Monday to Friday, preferably based at 51a Bergen Way, King’s Lynn, PE30 2JG, however, some consideration may be given to home working. This role will involve travel; therefore, a valid driving licence and passport will be required.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Head of Sales this new role will be responsible for Sales to the educational trade sector, nationally and internationally. Working with the international sales team and using your knowledge of the Educational trade market, you will set and deliver our annual sales budget for educational trade sales in all territories. Using your experience in the UK Educational trade market, you will establish relationships with all UK-based educational distributors and be directly responsible for all sales. You will lead, manage and develop our international educational sales team through encouraging open communication and promoting team work. In all territories the aim is to meet or exceed annual sales targets through developing top accounts, growing medium sized and smaller accounts while actively prospecting for new customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead, manage develop support the international sales team, ensuring there is regular communication and collaboration.
- Agree the company’s annual Educational Trade sales targets
- Prepare and submit monthly performance and market information reports
- Establish customers’ marketing & product selection cycles
- Review customers’ ranges through detailed catalogue/range analyses
- Prepare and present new product, best seller and substitution presentations
- Provide product details, images & prices, product specifications, compliance certificates etc.
- Undertake pricing & margin analysis
- Agree terms
- Accurately complete all tender documentation on time
- Maintain relationships through regular excellent communication
- Actively seek strategic partnerships with key customers
- Organise and participate in delivering product training
- Participate in education & trade exhibitions
- Actively seek and contribute product development opportunities
- Undertake competitor analysis and report regularly on threats & opportunities
- A levels minimum, business degree level desirable
- 5 Year’s experience working in the UK educational trade market required
- International experience desirable.
- Experience of Management and development of direct reports required
- Management of remote reports desirable.
- People management and development
- B2B sales
- Written & verbal communication
- Pricing & margin analysis
- Can analyse issues
- Makes sound decisions
- Uses financial data
- Influence & motivate others
- Can work cross functionally
- Build talent
- Promote teamwork
- Foster open communication
- Listen to others
- Establish relationships
- Manage disagreements
- Meet customers’ needs
- Build realistic plans
- Learn continuously
If interested and wish to apply for the role, please forward for CV and cover letter to vJennings@learning-resources.co.uk.