Entry Level Information Technology Technician – Herts for Learning
£19,000 - £21,000 per annum
May 31, 2022
Are you passionate about technology? Are you looking for a start in a technology career but don’t have any work experience in the area?
We’re looking for passionate techies – whether you’ve studied tech, got tech knowledge or simply want to get a start in the industry. We love to invest in our own talent and some of our senior managers started in this exact role!
What’s in store?
- A comprehensive induction programme to prepare you for your role, with training provided by accredited coaches helping you to learn all things technology related for schools
- After your training, working at our school customer sites across Hertfordshire with the full support of a team of experts so that you are never left to face challenges on your own
- An environment where you are continually learning and challenging yourself technically to fulfil your potential, whether that be as a Technical Account Manager, Technical Architect, Cloud Solution Expert or EdTech Advisor
What’s the job like?
- As an IT Technician at Herts for Learning you become part of the school family, travelling to school sites providing hands-on support to solve IT issues and building trusted relationships
- During school holidays you’ll join one of our installation teams, visiting school sites to assist with the installation of new school networks, WiFi or Cloud solutions, and the enrolment of new devices and applications for schools
- You’ll get the right support to help you perfect your customer service skills to a professional level and you’ll be delighted at the feedback you receive from our schools
Here are a few of the perks:
- 28 days paid annual leave (rising to 31 days after 5 years’ service)
- Industry-recognised qualifications to boost your employability and promotability
- Competitive salary of between £19,000 – £21,000 per annum
- Travel mileage allowance
- 10% employer contributory pension scheme
- Annual performance bonus (dependent on business profitability)
- HfL Reward Scheme, providing discount on hundreds of retailers for fashion, travel, electronics and much more
- Regular social events
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential – you’ll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career
If you want to see the additional benefits you will receive when joining, visit the HfL website and click ‘your benefits’.
What we need from you:
- A genuine passion for technology – you should demonstrate this on your CV. What have you done in your spare time, as well as your qualifications/knowledge? Have you done any free online training? Have you built a website? Do you support family and friends with their IT issues?
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn lots of new skills and technologies
- A reliable car is essential and you must be located within 20 miles of central Hertfordshire
- A positive attitude and a passion for helping people
We’d certainly like…
- Some experience of Windows operating systems up to and including Windows 10/Server 2016, Antivirus software, Wireless technologies, Apple iOS, Office365
- Any other relevant qualifications, more specifically in a technical subject
- We will consider applications from a non-technical background if you show aptitude, passion and enthusiasm for learning technology skills
To find out more about this opportunity, you can review the job outline on the HfL website or contact Bharat Desai on Bharat.Desai@hertsforlearning.co.uk.
Start your Technology career today with Herts for Learning. To apply, email a detailed CV, and a Cover letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of the job outline to email@example.com
As part of our move towards eradicating unconscious bias within the recruitment process, we will be anonymising your forms.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. To make sure you don’t miss out on this great opportunity, please submit your application as soon as you can. Please note interviews will be held remotely.
In case you are wondering, the team are working remotely where possible to support their schools and when required, providing onsite support to their schools in line with Government guidelines. Therefore the ability to reach different locations by car is essential. If you drive then a full driving licence and appropriate car insurance will be required. Also as there is a permanent home working element to this role, you will need to ensure you are equipped for home working.
HfL is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We insist on the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues and will never condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
HfL is also equally committed to becoming an anti-racist organisation and we encourage you to view our Black Lives Matter statement which gives clarity on our anti-racist stance. In our relentless efforts to be an anti-racist organisation, we recognise the negative impacts of under representation and lack of diversity in our organisation, our education system and in all aspects of our society. Therefore, for recruitment into any HfL post, where we have 2 or more candidates of equal merit, candidates with protected characteristics will be given advantage over candidates without such characteristics. This is sometimes referred to as a ‘tie-breaker’ and is referred to as ‘positive action’ in the Equality Act 2010.
To help us meet our high standards and aspirations of a fully diverse and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and to join us.
Please note that if you are invited to interview, we will expect you to be prepared to discuss unconscious bias with us; we find these conversations more than any others give us all a good idea of what working together will be like.