Interns – Customer Support
1,500 per month
June 30, 2017
Interns- Customer Support
Show My Homework is the fastest growing company in the education technology sector. Recognised by BETT (the world’s leading learning technology showcase) for ‘Innovation in ICT’, and a recent award winner at the “Techies”, our product is unrivalled in the marketplace and as a result we are looking for some smart people to help us through our busiest time of year. This is an amazing opportunity to experience a business that is in the relatively early stages of growth, yet has already built a dazzling reputation in the industry.
Many of our staff started their careers at Show My Homework as graduates or in entry level roles. We look for bright, enthusiastic people who care about education. We look for people who embody our values: Warmth, Integrity, Be the Best, and Pioneering. Our values inform the type of people we recruit, as well as how we treat our staff and our customers.
The Customer Support Internship
September is back to school time, and it’s no different at Show My Homework. This is our busiest period as we have new schools using our service for the first time, and existing schools returning to us with a new set of teachers, students and parents. Therefore we are setting up a team of support agents to help handle the additional volume of calls and emails from our customers.
This is an opportunity to learn how the business works from the front line. You’ll be fully trained on our internal systems and products, and will become familiar with standard industry tools such as Salesforce and New Voice Media.
The internships will vary in length from 4 – 8 weeks, depending on the volume of support requests we receive. Following your internship you will have the opportunity to apply for any available roles in the company, while already having built your reputation here and an understanding of what the different roles entail. The teams that are most likely to be recruiting are the Sales team, The Account Management Team and Customer Support.
We cannot promise that there will be roles available, but once you have proven yourself here and impressed us, you’ll be one of the first people we contact when we have a vacancy.
- Start date: August 17th 2017
- Hours of work: Core hours 8.30am to 5pm, plus some shift work
- Salary: £1,500 per month
- Holidays: 25 days per year (pro-rated), plus bank holidays
- Length of Contract: 2 months, with 1 day’s notice
Please do not apply if you have holiday booked between 17th August and the end of October, or if you are starting university during September 2017.
- Respond to tier 1 phone and email support tickets in a friendly, professional and helpful manner
- Resolve queries or pass them on to 2nd line support as required
- Advise customers on use of our technology and understand when issues need escalating.
- Collaborate with 2nd and 3rd line support
- Liaise with other parts of the business to resolve or escalate issues
- Using support tools to a basic level
Knowledge & Expertise
- Excellent grammar and written English
- Tech savvy – able to pick up new tools quickly
Business Skills & Behaviours
- Written: Excellent written English (style, grammar, spelling)
- Verbal: Confident on the phone and easy to understand
Planning & Organising
- Excellent administration
- High level of attention to detail and a good memory
- A positive approach – presenting solutions, not problems
- Being flexible and adapting to change
- Staying calm and organised under pressure
- A quick learner
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org