£50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
August 6, 2021
Gratnells are a family run business, based in Harlow, Essex. They are the market leaders in school storage, and have been established for over 50 years, with sales in over 65 countries, and a growing international business.
Recent innovations have seen the product range expand, and sales are growing progressively, creating an opportunity to re-model the marketing team, creating this position, to consolidate the daily activities that are already at an advanced, and successful stage.
Candidates should have a strong record in managing, ideally in B2B marketing, interested and experienced in the education sector, and hands-on ability in modern marketing techniques.
- Budget responsibility and reporting, demonstrating return on investment
- Management of a full Marketing team, covering graphics, web development and content, exhibitions, conferences, social media, photography, and external suppliers
- Use gathered data and research to drive marketing activities and evaluating the success of campaigns.
- Supporting new product development with full marketing services
- Working closely with the Sales team to create support material and reseller collateral
- Build relationships and understanding within the sector to fully appreciate market trends and forces
- Working in an international marketplace, supporting and developing a variety of markets
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior management role, with both staff and budget responsibilities
- Direct experience of B2B marketing, and distribution networks
- Team management skills and internal communications are critical
- Digital experience with web content, social media campaigns, and database marketing are important
- Working with direct to market online portals, as well as an in-house web shop will be increasingly important
- Brand building, and brand management are essential to protect our market leadership position
- Knowledge of the education sector, and it’s supply chain, would be a strong advantage
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum degree educated, or equivalent
- People and team management skills must be demonstrated
- Good working knowledge and capability with current office software, including the creation of reports, presentations, plans and financial data
- Communication, both written and verbal, is critical, and competence and confidence in these areas are important
- Ability to drive and travel, sometimes overseas, will be required
- A focus on detail is essential, and proven experience in copy writing, report writing and presentations will be required
To apply, please send covering letter and CV to Murray Hudson, MD of Gratnells