Marketing Manager – Davies Sport
March 14, 2022
We’re looking for a talented and tenacious Marketing Manager who will be the strategic lead for the core customer base for Davies Sports. Responsible for delivering an effective and highly measured customer engagement plan, you will focus on both customer retention and growth. A strong emphasis is on understanding the market, target audience and regional requirements, whilst championing the customer and their wants & needs at every opportunity.
This exciting role includes the full marketing mix, with close collaboration from our Buying, BI, Digital and Creative teams who will work with you to implement your strategy across all channels; excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally, are key.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, and working closely with the Marketing Manager for Partnerships, some of the responsibilities of this great opportunity include:
• Deliver business growth; ensuring all marketing activities are fully aligned and focused on both customer & demand growth.
• Devise and implement the Davies Sports overarching customer engagement plan.
• Work with the Business Insight team to analyse/target customers and suggest/ implement recommendations to turn this data into commercially successful campaigns across all channels.
• Accountable for full campaign management inclusive of brand objectives & targets, campaign briefing, test & learn evaluation.
• Collaborative working across key business functions, including Buying, Creative & Production, Digital & CX to deliver the customer engagement plan.
• Undertake full post campaign analysis to ensure predefined targets are met and there is a clear plan for future growth, ensuring appropriate ROI and profitable demand generation.
• Keep up to date with market trends, using this information to inform decision-making and maximise opportunities.
We’re ideally looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Degree level or CIM qualification
• Ideally, previous experience in a marketing role within the education or sports sector
• Relevant experience 4 years+ preferably including a mix of traditional and non-traditional marketing
• Experience of CRM and campaign planning
• Experience of budget management and tracking
• Great communicator, confident in building strong relationships with stakeholders
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrate passion for the customer
• Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive and resourceful
• Driven, with the ability to work under own initiative
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary & benefits package including 25 days holiday plus an additional holiday to celebrate your Birthday, contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, Employee Assistance Programme (including online GP & well-being support), Volunteering Leave & Cycle to Work scheme. We fully support a hybrid working arrangement, with the working week split between our collaborative workspace in Hyde, Greater Manchester and working from home.
To apply, please visit Findel website.