Special Project Team Manager – UK
November 9, 2018
Special Project Team Manager – UK
Renaissance are looking for someone to lead the small but dynamic Renaissance Special Projects team on a fixed term contract, covering maternity, with the opportunity for the position to be made permanent. This role offers an exciting opportunity to bid for and develop new projects, run trials and research projects, project manage large scale implementation of Renaissance products in a range of situations, as well as develop and test new professional services.
- Develop and oversee proposals for UK government bids with the team
- Manage and coordinate many projects at the same time from start to finish, ensuring the correct project teams are in place so the projects may be delivered to the highest standards
- Identify the needs of the projects and coordinate resources, time and materials needed to ensure all deliverables are met
- Ensure all legal documents needed are created by the legal team and reviewed for deliverables and raise any questions or concerns with the legal team
- Develop projects with partners, identifying education needs and addressing them
- Develop and maintain a system for providing bespoke reporting for various UK projects drawing on US teams as needed
- Work with Senior Project Manager on all data needs internally
- Work with the Senior Special Projects Manager – International to develop an annual budget for approval and operate within it
- Develop and coordinate the training and coaching of new Project Managers to ensure they can deliver projects to the highest standards. Ensure they have effective ongoing training plans in place for their teams.
- Organise CPD opportunities for the team through the APM network and HR.
- Monitor key performance indicators within the Special Projects team and intervene where needed.
- Raise department problems and issues with the Senior Special Projects Manager-International
- Maintain effective communication with all company departments through middle management meetings and professional services manager meeting and ensure the team are kept up-to-date.
- Provide quarterly/ongoing feedback to Project Managers on performance and progress against key performance indicators
- Ensure adherence to GDPR standards as required
- Guiding product development based on teaching experience when requested
- Representing the company at conferences
- UK qualified teacher
- Ability to communicate sensitive information tactfully
- Understanding of literacy strategy and the education landscape
- Used Accelerated Reader in a classroom or coordinated the programme (preferred)
- Some demonstrable experience with project management
- Data-savvy and data-driven, with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Innovative and creative when tackling challenges that arise
- Enthusiasm about promoting literacy for all
- Happy to travel regularly (including overnight stays)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver presentations in both small and large group settings as well as to orient the message to the needs of the audience
- Driven to succeed with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and to meet critical deliverable dates
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to develop and inspire a highly motivated, highly ambitious team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Minimum of five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- UK teaching experience
- Thorough knowledge of Renaissance products
Our primary purpose is to accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, world.
South Quay Building
189 Marsh Wall
London E14 9SH
Send your covering letter, outlining why you are the best person for the role and your CV to email@example.com with the title ‘Special Projects Team Manager-UK.
9th November 2018