BEYSIG members are suppliers of products and services to the Early Years sector.
Who are BEYSIG members?
|Best Practice Network||Harper Collins Publishers||One for Fun Ltd (Kit for Kids)|
|Cambridge University Press & Assessment||HFL Education T/A Herts for Learning||Oxford University Press (OUP)|
|Churchfield Education Products||International Curriculum Association (Fieldwork Education)||Pearson|
|Classroom Secrets||Jessica Kingsley Publishers||Red Monkey Play ltd|
|Community Playthings||KCS (Kent County Supplies)||Springboard Supplies Ltd|
|Early Excellence Ltd||Learn Well Trading||TEEM Education|
|Eden Learning Spaces (Bazaar Group)||Learning Ladders||The Happy Confident Company|
|ESPO||Learning Resources Ltd||The Literacy Company|
|Findel Education (International)||Mantra Lingua||TTS Group Ltd|
|GLS Educational Supplies||Morleys (Bicester) Ltd||Twin Science (Arikovani UK Limited)|
|Gopak Ltd||New Era Education Ltd||Twoey Education|
| || ||White Rose Education Ltd|
| || NM Education Consultancy||YPO|
BESA Early Years Special Interest Group (BEYSIG)
Terms of Reference
- Members of the Group must be full or associate members or Launchpad companies of BESA and suppliers of products or services to the Early Years sector.
- The Group is known as the ‘BESA Early Years Special Interest Group’ (BEYSIG).
- The Group should have two or three meetings a year, unless the Group wants more.
- As agreed by the founding members of BEYSIG, any member or Launchpad company of BESA may make a written application to the BESA secretariat to join the Group and such applications will be presented to the Group via e-mail.
- Applicants that can demonstrate to the Group, by justifying their area of expertise within Early Years, that they fit the description defined in paragraph a), shall be admitted to membership of the Group. Members will have two weeks to comment on submissions and no comment means an application is approved. If the Secretariat receives any objections the application will be referred to the next meeting.
- Member companies need to attend a minimum of two meeting per year. If the minimum requirement is not met, the company may be asked to leave the Group and will have to reapply for membership.
- When attending a meeting, members need to be ready to contribute to all areas of meeting unless not relevant.
- When attending a meeting, members need to be ready to interact to the polls, Q&A’s and have their camera turned on.
- When attending a meeting, members need to ensure that they are in a suitable location without distractions.
- The Group is entitled to call meetings which will be serviced by the BESA secretariat. Any abnormal costs may have to be charged.
- In the event of the Group deciding to undertake a course of action leading to or becoming liable to any costs or expenditure over and above the provision expressed in paragraph 7) then such expenditure shall be borne by members of the Group.
- In the event of the Group wishing BESA to undertake a course of action on its behalf such proposed action shall first be approved by the Executive Council.
- The Chairman of the Group will be co-opted to membership of the Executive Council of BESA. The Chairman of BESA is, ex officio, a member of the Group and is entitled to attend its meetings.
- The Chairman of the Group has the responsibility of organising a guest for each meeting, this responsibility is not for members of the group.
- The Chair and Vice-Chair shall be serve for three years, subject to re-election for a fourth year, four years being the maximum period of continuous service in one office. The Chair and Vice-Chair shall be from separate member companies.
- Based on one vote per member company, decisions taken at a Group meeting will be a simple majority with the Chair having a casting vote.
BEYSIG members are suppliers of products or services to the Early Years sector.
How do I join BEYSIG?
Joining BEYSIG is free and the process is an email or letter from the company, stating that you want to join the group, confirming that your primary activity is the supplying of products or services for teaching and learning in the Early Years sector.
Also that you are happy to share ideas with the rest of the BEYSIG and are committed to developing and taking the Group forward and finally that you are committed to a level playing field in the market. In addition you need to meet the Group’s Terms of Reference which are available on the website.
Example application letter
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to formally apply to join the BEYSIG Group.
Paragraph confirming that
i) Your primary activity is the supplying of products or services for teaching and learning in the Early Years sector.
Paragraph confirming that
ii) You are happy to share ideas with the rest of the BEYSIG Group
iii) Committed to developing and taking the Group forward
iv) Committed to a level playing field in the market
v) You can meet the Group’s Terms of Reference which are available on the website.
Once your application is completed please email the events team. The application will then be either presented at the next meeting or sent electronically to Group members depending on the timescale of when the next meeting is planned.