BESA Membership Renewal Rules
- Articles of Association
- Membership shall be governed at all times by the Articles of Association.
- These subscription rules will act as supplemental to the Articles of Association.
- Membership will commence as provided for in the Articles of Association – that is ‘when the necessary membership documentation is completed, and Council accepts that candidate as a member’.
- Membership will automatically continue unless a member provides written notice to BESA of their wish to cancel their membership and this notice is received by BESA on or before 28 February of the year in which membership is to be discontinued.
- If a member does not provide BESA with notice that they wish to cancel their membership on or before 28 February, the member will be contractually bound to pay the yearly membership fee for the next annual period
- Membership Category
- In order to confirm the relevant membership category each member is required to provide BESA with a statement of business turnover (“Turnover Statement”) as requested by BESA and in such format as BESA shall from time to time require.
- If any member fails to provide BESA with its Turnover Statement by the date BESA requires, it will automatically be assumed that their turnover has increased by 3% compared to the previous recorded turnover figure.
- Membership Fees
- Membership fees become payable on 1 April each year unless notice was served to BESA to resign membership by 28 February.
- If BESA receive a member’s fee in full into the bank account nominated by BESA on or before 1 April, that member will be entitled to a discount of £100 as a reduction on the annual fee for that year only.
- If the discounted fee is not received on or before 1 April, the member will be reinvoiced by BESA to reinstate the £100 discount that would otherwise have applied.
- Duration of these Subscription Rules
- These rules shall apply and be binding on all members until such time as they are revoked or amended, or substitute rules approved in all cases through the adoption of a resolution to this effect by the Council.
Adopted by the Council of the British Educational Suppliers Association on: November 2, 2017