Digital Marketing Strategist
£35k - £43k
August 25, 2023
About BookMachine Creative Agency
BookMachine is a growing digital agency focused exclusively on book publishing and education brands. Our mission is to collaborate with the best trade and education publishers in the business to help them get more books (and products) to more people.
We offer our clients digital and social media marketing, project management, product management, event management and programming, marketing copywriting and copyediting services. We also build our own in-house projects, such as the BookMachine Community.
We have a dedicated, in-house team, supported by a larger team of expert freelancers. We are a proudly remote-first company, with our London Hub office at the heart of Greenwich Peninsula’s new Design District.
Everyone we work with is passionate about publishing and education and we work together to deliver great content, events and campaigns for our clients.
About the Role
BookMachine is looking for a talented and dedicated Digital Marketing Strategist, to work on a range of projects across both education and trade publishing. Contract Type: Full-time, though part-time requests considered.
- Collaborating with clients to understand their goals
- Collaborating with sales to develop client proposals
- Creating marketing plans and strategies
- Hands on running of campaigns on behalf of clients
- Producing reports and analysis on marketing activity
- Writing copy for ads and marketing
- Facilitating client meetings
- Working with designers, video producers and other specialists to craft a campaign
We’re looking for:
- Extensive experience in a digital marketing role within education and/or children’s publishing
- A proven track record of planning and running paid social campaigns on Meta, LinkedIn, Twitter (X), TikTok and/or other platforms
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO and confident working with GA4
- Experience of running successful email campaigns and newsletters
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices
- Engagement in digital marketing and technology trends
- An eye for design – we’re not expecting you to be a designer (we have one of those!), but you should be able to provide a clear design brief and have a sense of what works
- Skills and experience in creative content writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Responsive to clients and the team
- A growth mindset – you believe in continually improving your abilities through effort, perseverance, and practice
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Preferred but not essential:
- Recent marketing qualifications and courses taken – eg GA4, paid ads (including Amazon advertising)
Working for BookMachine
You can expect from us, at a minimum:
- 25 days holiday per year and bank holidays
- After 1 year of service, up to 2 additional days holiday per year to staff who travel on holiday by train, coach or boat instead of flying (as part of our contribution to lower-carbon emissions)
- Remote-first (though you are welcome to work from our London Hub)
- An annual training budget (£500) to help you develop your skills at work, in addition to access to all BookMachine courses
- Contributory pension scheme
Belonging at BookMachine
At BookMachine we’re committed to building a team of people from all walks of life; a diverse and inclusive culture is at the core of our company. Regardless of where you come from or how you identify, you can belong at BookMachine.
To apply for this role, please send a covering email and CV (as a PDF) addressed to Helen Harradine at Helen@bookmachine.co.uk
First interviews will take place on Thursday 31 August 2023 and second interviews on Wednesday 2 September 2023.
Deadline for applications: Friday 25 August 2023