Education Account Manager – The Education Company
£45k basic salary, up to £60k OTE
October 31, 2022
Are you a great Account Manager? Energised by owning large-scale, key accounts? Interested in developing important business relationships? This might be the role for you!
The Education Company is a fast-paced marketing, data and software agency specialising in the education sector.
Working in partnership with the Account Director(s), you will be responsible for managing the relationship and overall account for a portfolio of key partners – these accounts work with the company across a number of services, including data, software and marketing. You’ll manage important relationships at different levels of seniority and areas of clients’ businesses.
You’ll be responsible for adding value to clients through account-based support and impact-driven product solutions and ensuring clients are getting the best service and most ROI.
You’ll also look to grow those accounts by identifying gaps in clients’ businesses and pitching ideas and solutions to overcome them.
- Learning about the education supply sector and your client’s businesses
- Proactively speaking with clients to understand their goals, identify their challenges, and promote solutions to support them
- Building and communicating creative, value-based solutions
- Translating between client needs and the internal technical teams
- Working with internal technical teams to achieve client outcomes
- Overseeing relationships that have lots of different touchpoints
- Having a strong understanding of the solutions the company offers and how they can add greater value to its clients
- Be able to close up-sell opportunities
- Contributing to internal process improvements and ways of working
- £45k basic salary, up to £60k OTE
- Large-scale key client accounts and business strategies
- Progression opportunities to Account Director
- Split between remote working and team working days in a modern co-working space in Central London
- Quickly enhance your skills/knowledge via internal training and hands-on working
- Access to a full suite of Udemy online training courses to upskills and develop
- Attend great company parties
- 5-weeks holiday
To be successful, you will…
- Have at least five years’ experience in Account Management
- Have experience working within/a good understanding of the Education sector
- Have the confidence to up/cross-sell different solutions to grow accounts
- Thrive in problem-solving, take ownership of problem resolution, and proactively find solutions
- Be commercially astute
- Demonstrate agility and thrive in change
- Be capable of developing senior-level relationships
- Be able to quickly build rapport and nurture positive, long-lasting relationships
- Have strong emotional intelligence and the ability to influence others
- Be well organised and able to prioritise when managing a range of different and complex client needs
- Be able to use and analyse data to drive performance improvements
- Be self-motivated and driven to provide excellent service for clients
- Be an active listener who strives for positive engagement
- Be a practical planner that uses your initiative to deliver results
- Have strong attention to detail and can consistently deliver to timescales
- Be hungry to develop, one day looking at an Account Director
If you’re looking for the next step in your Account Management career where you can own the relationship and development of key accounts, apply now!