Technical Service Desk Triage Support Analyst
Band 3 – Starting at FTE £21,028 per annum
September 11, 2023
Location: Hybrid working consisting of remote working and occasional visits to the Head Office in Stevenage as required to business needs. Flexibility required for initial four-week training.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Service Desk team for a Technical Service Desk Triage Support Analyst to provide technical support to our school customers and work in collaboration with the Service Desk team.
This role is the perfect opportunity to develop your skills with a view to progressing into a Technical 2nd Line Analyst role in the future.
What’s in store?
- A comprehensive induction programme to prepare you for your role.
- Training provided by accredited coaches helping you to learn all things technology related for schools and settings.
- A hybrid work environment where you are continually learning and supported technically to fulfil your potential.
- We really live our company values and ensure that each of our team members feels appreciated, respected and part of a supportive team.
- We love to invest in our own talent and your development is just one of the things we are passionate about at HFL.
What’s the job like?
- This is a Monday – Friday role with no shifts!
- As a Technical Service Desk Triage Support Analyst at HFL you become part of the wider school family, building trusted relationships with customers and colleagues, and working collaboratively within the team to provide an outstanding service.
- You will manage customers’ expectations ensuring that tickets are logged, progressed, and resolved in a timely manner, that they’re also kept up to date on the status of their outstanding tickets in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Opportunities to support maintenance work during school holiday periods.
- 28 days paid annual leave (rising to 31 days after 5 years’ service).
- Industry-recognised qualifications to boost your employability and promotability.
- 10% employer contributory pension scheme.
- Annual performance bonus (dependent on business profitability).
- HFL Reward Scheme, providing discount on hundreds of retailers for fashion, travel, electronics and much more.
- Regular social events.
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential – you’ll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career.
What we need from you…
- Enthusiasm, passion and a willingness to learn and develop new skills and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills to deliver an outstanding service.
- Someone who can work as part of a team but independently too.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- Committed to providing a great customer service experience.
Our ‘working from anywhere’ approach provides colleagues the opportunity to work flexibly in line with their role requirements. As there is a permanent home working element to this role, you will need to ensure you are equipped for home working.
Would you like to know more information about this opportunity? If so, further information can be found in the job outline. You can also contact Ryan Avis who would be happy to chat to you on 01438 544462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, email email@example.com with a detailed CV along with a cover letter to include responses to the following questions:
- Tell us what interests you about a career in technology and what are your aspirations?
- List which technologies have you used either in a work or personal capacity.
- Tell us about an occasion when you had to meet a timescale or priority either in a work or personal capacity. Detail what actions you took and what were the outcomes?
As part of our move towards eradicating unconscious bias within the recruitment process, we will be anonymising your forms.
For recruitment queries, our Central Recruitment Team can also be contacted on the hfl.recruitment email address above. We would love to hear from you.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. To make sure you don’t miss out on this great opportunity, please submit your application as soon as you can.
Stage 1 – 15-minute Screening interview via Microsoft Teams.
Stage 2 – 1 hour in person interview at Robertson House, Stevenage.
We are committed towards becoming an anti-racist organisation, and our recruitment statement is set out below in support of this.
HFL is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We insist on the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues and will never condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
HFL is also equally committed to becoming an anti-racist organisation and we encourage you to view our Anti-racist position statement which gives clarity on our anti-racist stance. In our relentless efforts to be an anti-racist organisation, we recognise the negative impacts of under representation and lack of diversity in our organisation, our education system and in all aspects of our society. Therefore, for recruitment into any HFL post, where we have 2 or more candidates of equal merit, candidates with protected characteristics will be given advantage over candidates without such characteristics. This is sometimes referred to as a ‘tie-breaker’ and is referred to as ‘positive action’ in the Equality Act 2010.
To help us meet our high standards and aspirations of a fully diverse and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and to join us.
Please note that if you are invited to interview, we will expect you to be prepared to discuss unconscious bias with us; we find these conversations more than any others give us all a good idea of what working together will be like.