The Women’s Educational Suppliers Working Group is an informal advisory group whose purpose is to advise BESA on how to maximise women’s contribution in this industry sector, facilitate networking of women across the sector, help women supporting each other in business and career growth and raise the profile of influential women in this sector.
The WESWG is currently Chaired by Jane Mann, Director of Education Reform at Cambridge University Press, and meets quarterly to advise BESA on:
- Gender balance opportunities and challenges within member/Launchpad companies
- The barriers and challenges that prevent some from achieving their potential in this industry
- Identifying solutions to help overcome such obstacles
- Generating proposals for BESA and others to maximise women’s contribution in this sector
- Acting as a sounding board on the impact of proposed activities relating to women in this area of business
- How we can best facilitate networking of women across the sector and to enable women to support each other in business and career growth by sharing information and expertise
- How we might raise the profile of influential women in this sector, and support member organisations to maximise women’s contribution
The next meeting is taking place Thursday 5th September 2019 at our BESA offices.