When I needed a new document camera for my classroom, I knew that I didn’t want the clunky, overly large camera that my district usually provided, and as a contracted employee with my district, I have a little bit more freedom with purchases. Instead, I knew that I wanted one I had seen featured at the Get Your Teach On Conference as part of a giveaway, the HUE HD Pro.
The colourful and cost-effective classroom camera and visualiser for Windows and macOS
The HUE HD Pro classroom camera and visualiser is the latest addition to the HUE range of USB cameras. This camera can view a full A4 page and project it onto the whiteboard via your PC and projector or it can be simply connected directly to some of the latest whiteboards. Supplied with its own specially written camera management software for teachers, HUE Intuition, this versatile and multi-use camera makes the most of your school budget.
At only £49.95 + VAT, this visualiser is a low cost but highly effective resource in the classroom which teachers tell us they use on a daily basis. Colourful, characterful and portable, the HUE HD Pro and is fast becoming an essential part of the teacher’s toolkit. Try it free for 30 days in our free trial for UK schools programme.
- The length of the neck makes this camera perfect for viewing a full A4 page
- The built-in LED lights will help illuminate your subject
- Built-in microphone
- Conpact size meaning it will fit on the smallest of desks
- Available for Windows, macOS, Linux and ChromeOS
The HUE HD Pro also comes with specially designed software, HUE Intuition, to allow you to master the full functionality of the camera with ease.
HUE Intuition software features:-
- Record video and sound and save movies locally, email or upload to YouTube or Creatubbles
- Annotate images and save as JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF
- Take snapshots
- Take multiple images over time
- Compatible with Windows and macOS
- Easy to install and use
- No training required
Use the HUE HD Pro for:-
- Demonstrating a science project
- Showing small objects, text or pictures
- Whole class learning
- Testing and assessment
- Taking snapshots of student work
- Recording video of a technique or experiment and replay it to the class
More benefits and ways to use your HUE HD Pro:-
- Continual Professional Development
- Chatting with remote schools in other countries with software such as Skype™
- Raising student attainment
- Student engagement and motivation
- Social and emotional learning
- Making STEAM more engaging
- Personalizing learning
- Improving instruction for students with disabilities
- Implementing/improving blended learning
With the addition of HUE Animation software, the Pro camera can also be used to make stop motion animation videos too. The uses for stop motion animation in the classroom are endless. Fostering the 21st century skills of creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking, stop motion animation elicits a high engagement from students as they plan, execute, and present their creations. Animation also meets the needs of kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learners, and has found great success with students with special needs (SEN). It is popular in numerous maker space areas in schools, and as a tool to teach STEAM subjects.
Using HUE with ChromeOS
- We have developed a new app called HUE Camera Viewer that allows your HUE camera to work on Chrome books or in the Google Chrome browser.
- The new HUE Camera Viewer app allows you to take pictures and record video and needs a HUE camera plugged in to function.
- This is in pre-release currently and interested parties should contact us for further details.
For a 30 day FREE trial of the HUE HD Pro please visit our profile on LendED