Magformers UK Ltd has been supplying the UK educational sector for eight years with an award-winning range of magnetic construction toys and classroom teaching resources..
Award-winning Magformers magnetic construction sets can be used to deliver a number of Key Stage 1-2 Mathematics and Design & Technology learning goals.
The toughened ABS plastic geometric shapes like triangles, squares and rhomboids connect quickly and simply using the power of the built-in and very safe neodymium magnets. Every magnet rotates 360 degrees so always connects when two Magformers are held together.
As a result, Magformers enable EYFS and KS1/KS2 children to:
– Explore the relationship between the 2D plane (nets) and 3D shapes
– Develop their use of maths language while they play
– Build structures and evaluate design
– Develop spatial awareness, critical thinking and problem solving through play
– Develop gross motor, fine motor and formative art skills
– Compare shapes and sizes and understand symmetry
Magformers were developed in 2005 as an educational toy and became used extensively in Gymboree Play Centres in South Korea. Distribution was secured by Gymworld Inc. in 2010, who expanded the business globally.
In 2019, Magformers developed its Stick-O pre-school magnetics range, with larger pieces and a chunky design suited to pre-school children aged from 18 months. In 2023 we introduced TileBlox, a geometric tile-based construction toy using fixed magnets.
- Magformers, Stick-O, Tileblox