BESA Executive Council election results
It was the most exciting vote yet with more nominees than ever before. Individuals in 11% of eligible companies stood for election, totalling 28 candidates, a 160% increase on last year. We are glad to see some familiar faces returning as well as some new ones.
The Executive Council plays the incredibly important role of setting the strategy for the industry body. Members of the prestigious Executive Council are elected for a two-year period.
Members now elected for a two-year term:
• Chris Ratcliffe, from Scholastic
• John Kershaw, from RM Resources – TTS, The Consortium & West Mercia Supplies
• Michael Forshaw, from Innovate My School
• Ceri Stone, from Smart Kids UK
• Jane Mann, from Cambridge University Press
• Rod Theodorou, from Oxford University Press
• Simon Hill, from YPO
• Steve Whitley, from Data Harvest
• Tom Hall, Lego Education International
• Chris Mahady, from Findel Education
Members with a further year of their term:
• Stuart Abrahams, from Think IT
• Lewis Bronze, from Discovery Education
• Jane Harley, from Oxford University Press
• Murray Hudson, from Gratnells
Chairs of the Special Interest Groups, who will be elected via online voting in November, will also be part of the Executive Council.