27 February 2014
From March 1, The British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA) will be launching a new Government backed business support service for small and emerging UK-based organisations targeting the education sector.
The new mentoring scheme for emerging education companies, run by trade association, BESA, is one of 13 projects to receive funding from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills to champion and support business growth of new UK-based education firms.
BESA’s new service will include one to one mentoring and advice on UK and international market opportunities along with access to high quality industry research.
The scheme will provide emerging companies with support to help them get a foothold in the global education market, estimated by UKTI to be at $4.5 trillion dollars, and set to rise to $6.5 by 2017. The UK already has a strong global education dominance and a reputation for quality products and resources, resulting in total exports for the whole UK education sector valued at £17.5bn in 2011.
Caroline Wright, director of BESA commented, “The education sector is unique and ever changing. Schools and teachers rely on education suppliers for high-quality, well targeted resources and services. Companies targeting the education sector need to deliver services and resources to help time-pressured teachers to ensure that their products are designed and aimed at helping schools deliver outstanding teaching and learning to their students with the minimum of fuss and hassle.
“BESA’s new scheme will provide the support that SMEs need to understand and succeed in the unique education market.”
Applicants to the scheme will receive a bespoke programme tailored to their specific business needs, including briefings relating to the UK’s education system and the international education market, business training and advice on public relations, marketing and sales, access to BESA’s renowned research database, market intelligence reports on education industry suppliers’ market confidence and sales and briefing sessions with headteachers and curriculum subject experts to gain insights on schools’ resourcing needs.
The Government sponsored service is available to start-up companies from £245 plus VAT for the period March 1 2014 to March 31st 2015.
Notes to editors
- The value of the global education market is estimated by UKTI to be at $4.5 trillion dollars, second only to the health care sector.
- The Government funding available to BESA to provide the business support programme totals £99,000. Companies interested in registering for the scheme should contact BESA’s Membership Manager Mark Rosser on 0207 537 4997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. BESA, the British Educational Suppliers Association, is the trade association representing over 300 educational suppliers in the UK, including manufacturers and distributors of equipment, materials, books, consumables, furniture, technology, ICT hardware and digital-content related services to the education market.
- With 78 years of experience, BESA offers unparalleled support, research, events and advice on both UK and International markets, and the future of the education supplies industry. BESA is focused on promoting and providing support and advice to their members, the industry and to schools.
- BESA has a Code of Practice to which all members must adhere, along with a stringent membership process, both of which assure buyers of a high standard of quality in both product and customer service.
- For more information, please visit www.besa.org.uk.
- Additional information on the BIS funding scheme is available atwww.gov.uk/government/news/ambitious-small-businesses-given-tailored-expertise-to-grow
- For interviews with existing BESA members please contact email@example.com.
For further information please contact:
Mango Marketing Ltd
Tel: 01932 829077
Mb: 07789 993304
Tel: 0207 537 4997