The Herts for Learning (HfL) secondary maths and English teams have announced 25 revision workshops for spring 2020, designed to motivate and challenge students in an engaging, focused and active learning environment.
This is the fourth year that HfL have been running these highly-regarded workshops, which are now an established part of the revision support calendar.
These supportive sessions are taught in groups of up to 30 students with two subject experts providing additional tuition with the sole aim of helping your child perform to their full potential in the summer examinations.
These revision workshops will:
- boost your child’s confidence and enable them to feel ‘exam ready’
- be delivered by two highly experienced subject experts at each session, following the very latest guidance and advice from the exam boards
- provide each student with exam strategies and guidance on how to succeed in specific questions and exam papers
- share high-quality examination responses to support their own learning
- give your child the opportunity to complete a range of revision activities, addressing the skills needed with immediate feedback
- provide high-quality, targeted revision resources to take away to support independent study.
Workshops are scheduled between January and June 2020 as follows:
- 19 Saturday workshop sessions at Samuel Ryder Academy, St Albans
- Three Easter holiday workshops for AQA GCSE English language and Literature at Townsend School, St. Albans
- Three pre-exam maths workshops will be held in May and June at Samuel Ryder Academy, St Albans.
The pre-exam maths workshops are £37.50 each or £85 for all three. Costs for other workshops are between £45 for a 3-hour workshop and up to £90 for a full-day workshop, including VAT.
A parent of a student attending a previous workshop said: “(My daughter) now feels a lot more confident in herself and this subject. For that I cannot thank you enough.”
A Year 11 student commented: “I feel that your feedback and comments made a huge difference and helped me to achieve the grades I got.”
Parents and schools can find out more and book places through the HfL CPD Hub at cpd.hertsforlearning.co.uk