- Over 70 UK companies will be showcasing their world-leading education resources in Dubai next week thanks to grants from the UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) and the British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA).
- The British firms will be attending the Global Educational Supplies and Solutions Exhibition, the leading education event now in its tenth year. This is the only show in the Middle East that brings together all levels of educationalists at one event.
- 28 BESA members and Launchpad companies will be exhibiting at GESS Dubai 2017.
- The exhibition hosts over 11,500 education professionals from 74 countries.
- This year GESS Dubai celebrates its 10th anniversary with a range of inspiring and engaging sessions and keynote speeches, alongside the GESS Awards.
The British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA) is pleased to be attending the Global Educational Supplies and Solutions (GESS) 2017 show. BESA will be attending alongside over 70 UK companies, making the UK pavilion the largest in the show’s history.
The UK pavilion companies will be showcasing the latest British educational resources and services from Learning platforms, Video Libraries, STEAM resources to furniture, assessment software and School uniforms.
In addition to the record-breaking size of the UK delegation, some 13 UK companies are also shortlisted as finalists for the annual GESS Awards, a significant achievement given the growth in the Middle East’s education marketplace over recent years.
BESA is proud to have been the initial founder of such event in the region and will continue to work with F&E to keep GESS as the must attend education show in the region.
Caroline Wright, Director General of BESA said: “BESA is delighted to be attending GESS 2017 and this year we are excited to celebrate 10 years of the show. GESS is the flagship education exhibition in the region and whether you are a teacher, government official or from the educational business community, you are sure to receive a warm welcome from our exhibitors and from the BESA information stand.”
BESA’s directors and a wide range of members are available for comment. To discuss this story further, contact: Mark Rosser firstname.lastname@example.org / +44(0)20 7537 4997
BESA, the British Educational Suppliers Association, is the only trade association covering the entirety of the UK educational suppliers sector. It has an 80-year heritage serving the sector, and represents over 400 suppliers, including manufacturers and distributors of equipment, materials, books, consumables, furniture, technology, ICT hardware and digital-content related services to the education market. Combined, they generate approximately $3 billion of revenue each year.
BESA is dedicated to showcasing the world-leading educational products and services provided by British educational suppliers, and providing support and advice to its members, the industry and to schools looking for the best resources and services.
It founded the BETT show in 1985, the largest EdTech exhibition in the world, the Education World Forum in 2011 and currently has over 110 start-ups in its “Launchpad” service.
Working closely with the Department for Trade, BESA helps take over a hundred companies overseas every year to a wide range of important export markets, from the US to Malaysia and China, providing intelligence briefings, logistical support and often substantial bursaries.
BESA has a Code of Practice to which all members must adhere, along with a stringent membership process, both of which assure buyers of a high standard of quality in both product and customer service.
For more information, visit: www.besa.org.uk