As close to 100 UK educational suppliers will be exhibiting at GESS Dubai 2018, it is a sign of the strength of the links between the outward-facing UAE and the UK, the British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA) announced today.
- 92 UK companies will be showcasing their world-leading educational resources next week at GESS Dubai
- The large majority of the companies have been supported by the Department for International Trade through the Tradeshow Access Programme, which BESA operates at GESS on behalf of the DIT
- 67% of UK education suppliers who export do so to the Middle East
- The Middle East makes up 30% of export revenue for UK education suppliers
- UK education suppliers cite the UAE as being the #1 destination for exports with 68% of suppliers saying the market is of interest to them
- Supported by the UAE government and Ministry of Education, the Global Educational Suppliers and Solutions (GESS) exhibition is the largest education event in the Middle East, leading the conversation by bringing together hundreds of experts in an exciting conference programme
Demand for high-quality British educational resources and services continues to expand in the Middle East, where many UK education companies are already working with both international schools and local schools.
The UK pavilion companies will be showcasing the latest British educational resources and services from learning platforms, assessment software, STEAM resources to furniture, school uniforms, EdTech and general education resources.
Caroline Wright, Director General of BESA, said: “As the education market is rapidly expanding around the world, our alliance with Tarsus for GESS Dubai is more relevant than ever and it is a pleasure to see that GESS has grown to become the largest educational event in the Middle East.
“I look forward to meeting with senior officials and experts from across the region to further strengthen our relations in the education sector.”
BESA will be exhibiting on stand Q10.
BESA’s directors and a wide range of members are available for comment. To discuss this story further, contact: Cleo Fatoorehchi email@example.com / +44(0)20 7537 4997
BESA, the British Educational Suppliers Association, is the only trade association covering the entirety of the UK educational suppliers sector. It has an 85-year heritage serving the sector, and represents over 400 suppliers, including manufacturers and distributors of equipment, materials, books, consumables, furniture, technology, ICT hardware and digital-content related services to the education market. Combined, they generate approximately $3 billion of revenue each year.
BESA is dedicated to showcasing the world-leading educational products and services provided by British educational suppliers, and providing support and advice to its members, the industry and to schools looking for the best resources and services.
It founded the BETT show in 1985, the largest EdTech exhibition in the world, GESS Dubai (then BES Dubai) in 2007 and the Education World Forum in 2011.
Working closely with the Department for Trade, BESA helps take over two hundred companies overseas every year to a wide range of important export markets, from the US to Malaysia and China, providing intelligence briefings, logistical support and often substantial bursaries.
BESA has a Code of Practice to which all members must adhere, along with a stringent membership process, both of which assure buyers of a high standard of quality in both product and customer service.
For more information, visit: www.besa.org.uk