Join hundreds of SENCos, teachers and TAs at The Link Live – SLCN: A Whole School Approach.
Date: Friday 11th March 2022. Venue: Online
Why should I attend?
Early identification and continued support for pupils who have speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) is most effective when the whole school is on board. Support strategies are then continued beyond the classroom empowering all staff to be able to provide the environment that pupils with SLCN desperately need to achieve their full potential.
The Link Live 2022 speakers will provide inspiration for supporting SLCN from the early years to guiding young people and provide take away ideas for every SENCo, teacher and support staff member to use in their settings.
Who is presenting?
SpeechLink have 8 eminent speakers who will provide up-to-date research, practical applications for the classroom and inspiring ideas to take back to your setting. Each session will be followed by a live Q&A chat.
Here’s the full programme:
- Kim Griffin– Paediatric Occupational Therapist (OT), provides ideas for supporting language using movement.
- Baasit Siddiqui – Gogglebox star and Managing Director of Siddiqui Education, shares how using digital stories can empower disadvantaged children to share their story.
- Professor Judy Clegg BSc, PhD, FRCSLT– Head of Division and Senior Lecturer at the University of Sheffield, discusses reducing vulnerabilities and increasing life chances of young people with SLCN.
- Sandra Bowen and Louise Burton– Sandra is Team Leader ISEND CLASS in East Sussex and Louise is a Speech and Language Therapist working with Speech and Language Link. They will be sharing how Language Link was used in East Sussex and outcomes of a study carried out in Year R.
- Dr Sarah Spencer– Senior Lecturer at the University of Sheffield and a Speech and Language Therapist, provides information on a whole schools approach for pupils with SLCN in secondary schools.
- Dr Samantha Weld-Blundell – Educational Psychologist, examines preverbal and verbal communication styles and provides ideas on how adults can support communication in the under 5s.
- Michael Rosen – Our VERY SPECIAL HEADLINE SPEAKER, national icon, broadcaster, author and poet, shares his ideas for using vocabulary to inspire a love of language and literacy.
How do I attend?
Tickets cost £80+VAT but BESA visitors pay just £45+VAT.
and apply the discount code: TLL2022BESA at checkout.
(Subscribers of Speech Link or Language Link support packages pay just £30+VAT! More details on your Speech and Language Link home page.)
They look forward to seeing you there, in the meantime please send any questions to The Link Live Team at: email@example.com