Business Development Director
November 30, 2018
Business Development Director, ONVU Learning
Reports to: ONVU Learning Management team
ONVU Technologies is a privately held group, and through annual investment in R&D, talent acquisition and forming partnerships, its subsidiaries deliver video and data led technology solutions for global customers that enable them to make informed business choices across diverse market sectors.
ONVU Technologies and its subsidiaries have over 90 employees that deliver cutting edge solutions from offices in UK, US, Hong Kong, India, Turkey and Switzerland.
ONVU Learning is the education division of ONVU Technologies. With over 20 years of education, video and technology experience, ONVU Learning is committed to building upon expertise in classroom observation with a focus on improving teacher development, coaching and satisfaction, and ultimately student outcomes.
We are now looking for the first Business Development Director based in the UK to help build this new division locally and further build it globally.
Reporting to the OVL Management team you will have the ability to think strategically whilst also being hands on and delivering the overall number for OVL. You will work closely with schools, the EdTech community and other parties looking to transform teaching, learning and research. Building on established partner school users, early adopters and evidence of impact in schools, you will prospect for new business opportunities driving long term sales opportunities.
Being OVL’s Brand Ambassador, you will be key in sharing regional trends back into the Head Office to further develop the overall company.
The Business Development Director must be able to clearly articulate our value proposition to both business and technical users, be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, and work with our partners to develop joint business opportunities to expand our mutual business.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a strategic sales & business development plan to increase sales growth and market share in line with the company targets
- Responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of the sale from prospecting new clients to converting it into increased business
- Being the driving force in building the local UK region
- Lead, motivate and develop the OVL team globally
- Develop incremental revenues through driving a strong network of influencers and end user contacts in the sector
- Grow end user awareness of ONVU Learning consultancy and thought leadership
- Day to day management of regional budgets
- Attend and support industry tradeshows and other vertical events
- Regular inter-departmental collaboration with Product Marketing, Communications/PR, Business Marketing and Operations, Technical Services Group and Product Management
- Contribute to and help grow ONVU Learning’s user community and advocacy
- Ensure that current customers have positive experiences and advocate for ONVU within the teaching community
- Ensure that all opportunities, contact information and relevant information is captured within the CRM system
- Establish and process new sales leads
- Prepare quotations and proposals
- Prepare and give regular business reviews to ONVU Learning Management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers
- Share customer requirements and market intelligence to all relevant stakeholders within ONVU Learning as required
- You will also be required to carry out any other duties which may reasonably be required of you.
- Proven successful business development experience in the Education Sector in the UK
- Understanding of and empathy for the changes occurring in the Education Sector and the demands and challenges that are created for schools and trusts
- Experienced leader of teams
- Excellent presentation skills with experience of delivery to different audience types
- Proactive attitude and willingness to persevere to achieve goals
- Ability to travel extensively within the region with possible travel to other global regions
- Fluent in English (other languages could be advantageous).
Please contact Janet Blogg, Global Talent Advisor via email or +44 (0)7776691915 for further details.