Business Development Manager – Davies Sports
September 6, 2021
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to drive and support the growth of our Davies Sports brand. This is a field-based role with national coverage; you will ideally be located in the Midlands with travel to the North West & South East likely.
Davies Sports is one of Findel Education’s family of brands – we are a leading supplier of educational resources, providing all of the products schools and nurseries need, delivered when they want them, at highly competitive prices. We operate in a fast moving, exciting and developing environment with a passionate, ambitious and supportive team culture.
Reporting to the Head of Sales & Commercial Contracts, the main focus of your role will be to identify, nurture and win new business opportunities for Davies Sports, working closely with our Buying, Marketing and Merchandising function to ensure that we provide a winning commercial offer.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying profitable new business opportunities, focusing on independent schools, local authorities, FE establishments, sports & leisure suppliers, local authorities and charities/CSR projects.
- Creating and building a robust pipeline, with a high level of activity and face-to-face communication with all key stakeholders.
- Owning and delivering the mobilization plan for new accounts swiftly, maximizing demand streams as soon as possible and coordinating internal resources to support the opportunities.
- Maximizing sales through exploring new customer opportunities, researching customer needs and requirements, and promoting the Davies Sports brand proposition to introduce our full range of products and services.
- Compiling and presenting MI to customers setting out objectives for account development and ensuring best in class customer satisfaction.
We are ideally looking for the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a Sales/Business Development
- Strong commercial awareness and ideally an understanding of a digital business.
- A keen interest across several sports. If you have coached sport in an educational environment or semi-professionally, this would be advantageous but is not a role requirement.
- Highly professional, excellent communication skills, ability to present & negotiate in a dynamic environment.
- Drive and determination to achieve results and excellent standards.
- The ability to work remotely using your own initiative whilst remaining a good team player.
- A resilient and positive personality.
Competitive salary & benefits package including sales-related bonus scheme, 25 days holiday plus an additional holiday to celebrate your Birthday, contributory pension scheme, staff discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (access to online GP and wellness support).