Business Development Manager
June 30, 2017
Business Development Manager- Innovate My School
From grassroots teachers and visionary headteachers, to revolutionary startups and EdTech giants, Innovate My School brings together buyers and sellers within the education community, helping them to discover, connect and inspire one another through innovative routes to market.
We require a strategic consultancy-led Business Development Manager to further grow our UK speed dating events programme between school leaders and innovative education suppliers – a concept that we have pioneered and perfected over 7 years.
This is a 360 sales role, introducing the benefits of speed dating to clusters of schools, then filling the resulting event with relevant education suppliers. You will be expected to secure a healthy mix of new business with repeat, managing multiple events and accounts that have been carefully nurtured over several years.
You will be expected to work solo and as part of a team, using project management skills to communicate and coordinate your focus to meet individual and team targets. We work in tandem with the school calendar, so you must forecast and manage your pipeline accordingly.
You will ensure that all customers are engaged as we grow globally, making sure they are aware of and making the most of all Innovate My School offers. Championing the needs of our customers is key, with your feedback and insights critical to business decisions and direction.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, and supported by the events and marketing teams, you will be working off a mixture of in-bound leads, a comprehensive database of pre-qualified contacts, as well as your own lead generation efforts. All activity is recorded through the CRM.
Full training and onboarding will be provided to ensure you are highly successful in your role.
Ideal qualities are:
- Successful track record in sales
- Hard working, tenacious and hungry to succeed
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Confident, with the ability to use tact
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Outstanding writing skills
- Target driven, organised and customer focused
- Extremely computer literate
- Driven with a positive outlook
- Adaptable to change
- Willingness to travel nationally
- Minimum two years B2B selling/lead generation experience preferably into the education sector
- Experience of account management and relationship-led selling
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding targets
- Proven ability to upsell, exceeding margin targets
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to pitch face to face to a variety of stakeholders
- Able to contribute ideas and provide feedback internally
- Ability to problem solve under challenging conditions
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic company that delivers exciting career growth, personal development and memorable experiences for all of its team. Commission is paid at the end of every month.
We are positioned next to Chester Racecourse, with easy access by car or train.
You must submit a covering letter to be considered!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 /year
- B2B Sales: 2 years
- Account Management: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- Driving Licence