July 28, 2021
We have a fantastic opportunity for a progressive, strategic, and commercially focussed Buying Manager to join our team. This is a pivotal role, reporting directly to the Head of Buying, with overall responsibility for the Teacher Team, a team of 10 who are dedicated to products that support teachers in the classroom, inspiring the next generation of learners across all areas of the curriculum.
Findel Education is a leading supplier of educational resources, providing all of the products schools and nurseries need, delivered when they want them, at highly competitive prices. You will operate in a fast moving, exciting and developing environment with a passionate, ambitious and supportive team culture.
• Effectively lead, drive, inspire and engage a dynamic team of buyers to achieve maximum results – to be transformational.
• Responsible for delivering multiple category sales and buying margin.
• Work in partnership with Merchandising, Marketing, Digital & Finance to influence and deliver agreed budgets and targets.
• Review & analyse commercial data, market trends, competitor analysis and supplier information, and use this insight to inform value adding operational and strategic product decisions.
• Monitor and tackle trading performance; identifying all possible ways to deliver the agreed KPIs, maximising opportunities and mitigating risks.
• Ensure the optimum supplier base to deliver the best commercial performance, proactively looking for solutions to sourcing requirements.
• Undertake high-level strategic negotiations with suppliers, as required. Build strong supplier relationships to ensure the business is supported to achieve its plans.
• Ensure that Findel’s ethical sourcing standards and policies are met, with all new and existing suppliers.
• Develop and deliver a strategic vision for the product range.
• Develop and deliver a strategic approach to price architecture for categories to ensure that KPIs are delivered and customer expectations are fully met.
• Coach Buyers through product selections, providing objective challenge on commercial data, quality, pricing, value and choice.
• Ensure that all Buyers have signed off buying plans that align and support the overall Buying strategy. Agree the critical paths that the Buying Team will work to.
• Proactively work in partnership with the Quality Assurance Team to ensure that the highest standards of products are delivered to customers.
• Proactively work with Buyers and the NPD Team to ensure that new products complement existing ranges and deliver growth.
• Ensure the Buying Team adopt a digital first approach to product, working collaboratively with Marketing and Creative.
• Challenge the Buying Team to consistently think and deliver the right product, at the right quantity, at the right price to the right customer personas.
• Establish a network of connections within the education industry.
• The successful candidate will have a track record as a high performing Buying Manager in a fast-paced buying environment, with the ability to coach and mentor a team to deliver high performance.
• Graduate level+, professionally qualified, with a strong buying management and technical background/experience.
• Demonstrable ability to build strong relationships across the business, and with third parties is essential and working closely with various external and internal stakeholders is critical to success. This will include visiting multi-national suppliers and bodies whilst developing educational knowledge through links to schools and the wider educational marketplace.
• Demonstrable ability to embrace and lead change, committed to continuous improvement/development/simplification.
• A genuine team player at all levels with supreme customer/supplier focus and impeccable communication and interpersonal skills. The appointee will be a strong motivator as well as being self-motivated and be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills coupled with a results orientated approach.
• Highly motivated and driven to succeed.
• High intellect, communication, presentational and analytical skills/behaviours.
• Experience in supporting digital growth in the context of Buying is key.
• Results-driven and tenacious, with the ability to think strategically coupled with the ability to deliver profitable growth through margin and buying/procurement techniques.
• Commercially astute with excellent communication and presentation skills, able to engage and influence at all levels both internally and externally.
• Confidence, drive, energy, and tenacity to deliver success in a challenging business and market environment – to drive margin growth through impactful buying techniques.
• An Ambassador for Findel Education who will drive the transitions needed with suppliers to be best in class, in addition to simplifying business processes and improving the ways of working.
• A resilient and tenacious individual with real strength of character to drive change, but with the emotional intelligence and collaborative approach to result in a positive experience when working with the teams across the business.
• The communication skills and gravitas to support, present to and influence internal and external stakeholders but specifically our existing and new suppliers and overseas affiliates (sourcing office)
Full-time (36.5 hours per week), permanent role. Competitive salary & benefits package including 25 days holiday plus an additional holiday to celebrate your Birthday, contributory pension scheme & staff discounts. We are currently working from home and anticipate returning to our office in Hyde, Greater Manchester, 2/3 days per week.
To apply, please visit our careers site: https://findeleducation.careers.adp.com