Conference and Events Co-ordinator
Band 4 FTE £24,000 - £26,000 per annum
July 17, 2023
HFL Education (Formerly Herts for Learning) is an award-winning provider of products and services to schools and educational settings within and outside Hertfordshire. We believe that every young person, through access to a great education, should be able to realise their potential, regardless of where they live or their circumstances. We focus on supporting the schools we work with to achieve successful long-term outcomes for their children. HFL is majority owned by Hertfordshire schools and operates with a social enterprise ethos.
The Training & Events Team forms part of the wider Operations and Technology Team. The Training & Events team in particular curate and manage professional development events from conception to completion. This role sits within the Conference and Events division, which delivers leadership conferences within Hertfordshire and nationally. These events are both digital and in-person. The Operations and Technology Team support the delivery of schools services.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Events Conference Manager this role supports the Conference and Events Team to deliver the national events programme of education conferences from conception to completion. The post holder will be expected to assist across all events, ranging from in-person, virtual and hybrid, undertaking a range of event management tasks from co-ordinating event logistics to sending delegate invitations.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Support the co-ordination, planning and execution of exceptional leadership events
• Build, maintain and update events on our digital event platform
• Co-ordinate with internal clients to deliver against clear event objectives
• Prepare and brief event speakers in a structured and timely way
• Be the first point of contact for internal clients
• Provide support and guidance (including basic technical) to speakers and delegates for all our digital events
• Support delegates with any queries and issues on the telephone and by email
• Take ownership and deliver key administrative tasks to support events
• Support Conference and Events Leads on end-to-end delivery of digital, in person and hybrid events
• Attend in person events as required
The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time become necessary.
• A variety of webinar/virtual event platforms (essential)
• Budget management and reporting (desirable)
• Delegate management (desirable)
• Working in an event and/or conference delivery environment, excluding venue management only. (essential)
• End-to-end experience in planning outstanding event programme and speaker content to a high standard (essential)
• Effective prioritisation; handling multiple, simultaneous events (essential)
• Working with webinar/virtual event platforms beyond MS Teams and Zoom (desirable)
• Using database management systems (desirable)
Skills and abilities
• Advanced competency with Microsoft 365 packages (essential)
• Excellent collaboration with colleagues (essential)
• A passion for providing the very best customer experience (essential)
• Organised, with an extremely high attention to detail (essential)
• Calm under pressure, resilient and approachable (essential)
• Highly motivated, resourceful, and deadline driven(essential)
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing (essential)
• Work across multiple, simultaneous events in a methodical and logical way (essential)
HFL is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We insist on the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues and will never condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. HFL is also equally committed to becoming an anti-racist organisation and we encourage you to view our Anti-racist position statement which gives clarity on our anti-racist stance. In our relentless efforts to be an anti-racist organisation, we recognise the negative impacts of under representation and lack of diversity in our organisation, our education system and in all aspects of our society. Therefore, for recruitment into any HfL post, where we have 2 or more candidates of equal merit, candidates with protected characteristics will be given advantage over candidates without such characteristics. This is sometimes referred to as a ‘tie-breaker’ and is referred to as ‘positive action’ in the Equality Act 2010. To help us meet our high standards and aspirations of a fully diverse and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds
to apply and to join us.
Please note that if you are invited to interview, we will expect you to be prepared to discuss unconscious bias with us; we find these conversations more than any others give us all a good idea of what working together will be like.
DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE
This post may be subject to full pre-employment checks and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Please note that additional information referring to the Disclosure and Barring Service is in the guidance notes to the application form. If you are invited to an interview, you will receive more information.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
It will be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for the Health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
It is a contractual requirement of all employees of HfL to protect the intellectual, property rights of the company and to adhere to our company policy with regard to IP.
To apply, email email@example.com with a detailed CV along with a cover letter to include responses to the following questions:
1. Tell us about an event you worked on from start to finish. What role did you play in the process and what actions did you take to support an excellent event?
2. In your experience gained to date, what are the benefits of using online events platforms?
3. What would you like to gain in the 12 months working with an experienced events team at HFL Education?
As part of our move towards eradicating unconscious bias within the recruitment process, we will be anonymising your forms. For recruitment queries, our Central Recruitment Team can also be contacted on the hfl.recruitment email address above.
To help HFL make sure our policies and working practices are inclusive and nondiscriminatory we would like you to complete the HFL equal opportunities form. This will not be stored with your application and will only be utilised by HR.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. To make sure you don’t miss out on this great opportunity, please submit your application as soon as you can.