Data Protection Manager
Up to 65k
October 8, 2021
Location: Office (Newmarket) & Remote
Who we are and what is important to us:
Wonde is an innovative, exciting and fast growing education technology
company based in Newmarket, working with over 22,000 schools internationally
and employing cutting edge technologies to help improve outcomes for
students and bring a host of improvements to the education sector.
Wonde helps schools connect with the apps that they use, making the whole
process simple and cost effective for both parties.
We believe our customers deserve accessible, simple, quality solutions and we
are dedicated to providing them.
As part of our growth journey we’re looking to appoint a Data Protection
Manager to lead and develop our data frameworks. This is a newly created
and stand alone position where you will have the autonomy and freedom to
shape the role, quickly having an impact on our processes.
As our Data Protection Manager, you will develop and manage
improvements in relation to Information Security and Privacy across
Wonde. You will work closely with our In-house legal team to ensure we’re
adhering to best practices, acting as a subject matter expert.
Depending on your experience, there may be the opportunity for this role to
include acting as Wonde’s appointed Data Protection Officer (DPO).
You’ll enjoy the challenge of doing things differently and embrace the pace and
focus of a start-up environment.
What you’ll be doing:
– Coach and train internal stakeholders on best practice and compliance
– Partner with internal departments and stakeholders to develop, agree
and implement a data framework
– Develop and define data protection policies, guidelines and procedures
– Create, prepare and deliver reports on data protection compliance
– Participate in meetings acting as subject matter expert
– Maintain ISO & Cyber essentials Plus certifications, working with our
external audit partners
– Establish an Information Security & Compliance roadmap
– Advise on and monitor data protection impact assessments, including
assisting external stakeholders with the completion of theirs in relation
– When required support external stakeholders on Information and data
– Represent Wonde on various external data protection/security groups
What you’ll have:
– Ed-tech or software development background (desired)
– Proven experience in an Information security environment, including
developing security and compliance policies and plans
– Expertise in data protection laws and practices, including UK and EU
– Excellent knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and
– Ability to influence and coach technical and non technical stakeholders
– Ambition and initiative to drive change in a fast moving sector
– Ability to prioritise workflow and ensure deadlines are met
– Ability to influence and learn in an ever-changing environment
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate,
excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all
focused on providing superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with – promoting personal
growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective
energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are
committed to ensure our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and offer competitive salaries to reflect this,
although there are other great benefits too;
– Flexible working
– Comprehensive wellness programmes
– Use of a new MacBook
– Frequent social events and company lunches
– Office closure between Christmas & New Year
– Casual Dress Code
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
– Collaborative atmosphere where everyone’s opinion is taken seriously
– A rapidly growing business with big plans and a global footprint
We’re a tech start-up and have the culture & benefits to match!