Director of Educational Content and Technology
December 17, 2018
Director of Educational Content and Technology – Arm Education
Arm is at the heart of the world’s most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and the transformation of industries and society. As such, we are very keen on enabling educators and learners worldwide to access state-of-the-art technologies and tools from the vast Arm ecosystem, to produce the next generation of engineers needed for our increasingly connected and intelligent world.
With the objective of addressing the engineering education and skills gap throughout the lifelong education span, we are seeking an experienced Director of Educational Content and Technology to manage the development and production of state-of-the-art education content and technologies destined to K-12, higher and further education sectors globally.
The Director of Educational Content and Technology will be responsible for the management of a team of professionals that produce and maintain educational content, software and hardware technologies for the use of students, teachers and administrators in K-12, higher and further education institutions globally. This entails keeping abreast of market trends in education technologies and translating best practice into successful products. These products include course materials in various formats (e.g. courseware, online courses), textbooks, educational software tools (e.g. simulators, automatic graders), and educational hardware platforms. The successful candidate will have experience in product development for the education market including science and engineering subjects at different levels. They will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to productionise customer solutions and make sure they adhere to set quality standards and meet clear business objectives.
The Director of Educational Content and Technology will be responsible for the following:
- Keep abreast of market trends in education technologies and translate best practice into successful products
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop customer-driven product proposals for schools, universities and colleges, deliverable to budget, quality and schedule
- Manage a team that will be responsible for building appropriate educational products and services (e.g. courseware, textbook, hardware and software platforms) in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, to meet various customer needs
- Ensure consistent, coherent and cross-pollinating educational content and technology development processes and standards across various education programs
- Manage the development process for the above solutions across various education programs. This entails working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent delivery of customer value within set procedural and legal frameworks
- Maintain the above materials and solutions in line with emerging needs from customers and various other stakeholders
- Support marketing efforts across the Education team and the wider company to expand reach of our educational products, services and technologies
- Help create a strong brand identity and set the highest possible editorial standards and product quality for all educational products and technologies
- Coordinate educational product reviews to maintain the highest quality by sourcing and managing competent reviewers and testers across all educational programs
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven successful experience in complex and diverse product development
- Experience in successful leadership and management of small and large product development teams
- An excellent understanding of current trends in education technologies
- Successful experience in educational or training content and technology development
- Successful experience in the management of editorial teams and processes
- Complex project management to meet challenging targets within tight budget constraints
- Interpersonal skills – liaising effectively with internal business groups and external stakeholders
- Attention to details and an appreciation of different cultures
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English – written and verbal
Preferable Skills & Experience
- Management of teams of both computer engineers and content developers at an international level
- Experience in the educational publishing sector at a senior level
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of the silicon/computer industry
- Knowledge of the education and training sector at an international level
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.