Education Specialist – Maternity Cover, BookMachine Creative Agency
Salary: FTE £37- 43k (pro-rata for 2 or 3 day week)
December 20, 2023
Education Digital Marketing Specialist Maternity Cover job vacancy at BookMachine Creative Agency
Contract Type: 12 month maternity cover starting mid-February 2024
BookMachine is a growing digital agency focussed exclusively on book publishing and education brands. Our mission is to collaborate with the best trade and education publishers in the business to help them get more books (and products) to more people. We offer our clients digital and social media marketing, project management, product management, event management and programming, marketing copywriting and copyediting services. We also build our own in-house projects, such as the BookMachine Community.
About the Role
BookMachine is looking for a talented and dedicated Digital Marketing Strategist, to work on a range of projects within education.
- Collaborating with clients to understand their goals
- Collaborating with sales to develop client proposals
- Creating marketing plans and strategies
- Hands on running of campaigns on behalf of clients
- Producing reports and analysis on marketing activity
- Writing copy for ads and marketing
- Facilitating client meetings
- Working with designers, video producers and other specialists to craft a campaign
We’re looking for
- Extensive experience in a digital marketing (in-house, agency or freelance) role within education and in particular, marketing to schools
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO, running Google Ads, and confident working with GA4
- A proven track record of planning and running paid social campaigns on Meta, LinkedIn, Twitter (X), TikTok and/or other platforms
- Experience of running successful email campaigns and newsletters
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices
- Engagement in digital marketing and technology trends
- An eye for design – we’re not expecting you to be a designer (we have one of those!), but you should be able to provide a clear design brief and have a sense of what works
- Skills and experience in creative content writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Responsive to clients and the team
- A growth mindset – you believe in continually improving your abilities through effort, perseverance, and practice
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Preferred but not essential
- Recent marketing qualifications and courses taken – e.g. GA4, paid ads
You can expect from us, at a minimum:
25 days holiday per year and bank holidays (pro-rata for a 2 or 3 day week)
Remote-first (though you are welcome to work from our London Hub)
Contributory pension scheme
Belonging at BookMachine
At BookMachine we’re committed to building a team of people from all walks of life; a diverse and inclusive culture is at the core of our company. Regardless of where you come from or how you identify, you can belong at BookMachine.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a covering email and CV (as a PDF) addressed to Helen Harradine at Helen@bookmachine.co.uk by Wednesday 20th December 2023.
First interviews will take place w/c 8th January 2024.