Negotiable, depending on experience
May 8, 2019
Hours: Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm)
Location: Canary Wharf, London (with some travel in the UK / Internationally)
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
How to apply: Submit a CV with a covering letter by email to email@example.com outlining your interest in the role, and specifying why you would like to work at BESA in particular. Applications submitted without an accompanying covering letter demonstrating an understanding of what BESA does will be not be considered.
Application deadline: 5pm on Wednesday 8 May 2019.
Main purpose of the job:
To work closely with the Head of Events and Deputy Head of Events on the organisation and development of BESA’s UK and International seminars, conferences and exhibitions. To lead on the organisation and management of EdTech Exchange dinners and networking events.
- Support on the running of UK seminars and conferences, including Summer Insight Day and SSAT.
- Assist the Deputy Head of Events in the running of the LearnED roadshow series.
- Work with senior members of staff to ensure that BESA’s involvement with partner projects, such as EDUCATE, reach objectives.
- Work closely with the Events team to ensure member satisfaction of events.
- Ensure high attendance rates at all events (monitoring both new attendees, and retention rates).
- Support on the running of International conferences and exhibitions, assisting with logistics pre and post event.
- Ensure member satisfaction with international events.
- Ensure high attendance rates at all international events (monitoring both new attendees, and retention rates).
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
Working closely with the relevant managers on event organisation and logistics, including but not limited to:
- Creation of marketing letters, emails, leaflets and pages on the website.
- Drafting and sending emails to members and non-members marketing upcoming events.
- Processing grant applications for international events.
- Creating a BESA manual for each event so exhibitors have all the information for the event and know what to do such as which forms to complete.
- Liaising with speakers and other key event stakeholders, such as venue contacts and contractors.
- Liaising with exhibitors, sending event information and dealing with queries as and when necessary.
- Collating all feedback from exhibiting companies and reporting to stakeholders post-event.
- Working closely with the relevant managers on the running of seminars, conferences and exhibitions
- Helping coordinate the setup and running of the BESA stand at the Education Show, BETT show and any additional UK exhibitions / events that BESA participates in.
- Helping coordinate the organisation and running of larger events, such as the BESA AGM, Insights Day and Launchpad events.
- Dealing with member enquiries relating to international areas and UK event queries, when best placed to do so.
- Attending and, in some instances, solely running some of the UK and international exhibitions ensuring the show runs smoothly.
- Assisting with general office administration on an ad-hoc basis as required by managers and directors.
This role requires working with other departments within the association, such as membership, communications, marketing and finance.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Events, although will liaise closely with the Head of Events and the Membership, Communications and Marketing teams.
- Competitive salary.
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- The role has a three-month probationary period.
Estimated start date: Immediate, although notice periods are fully taken into account.
Other details: Applications will only be considered when accompanied by a covering letter outlining your interest in the role, and specifying why you would like to work at BESA. Generic applications will be rejected.