Head of Marketing
May 31, 2019
2Simple – Head of Marketing
Location: Angel, London N1
Reports To: Managing Director
The aim of our software is to create a space where children can learn while being creative, using the technology and tools they will have to use for the rest of their lives. We take difficult concepts and make them accessible to children of all abilities.
We are dedicated to making educational software that raises standards, enhances the learning experience, and saves teachers’ time.
In 1999 we released the Infant Video Toolkit, a child-friendly office suite for desktop publishing, painting, graphing and coding. Today over 90% of UK primary schools use 2Simple software and our tools are used by teachers and students all around the world, in countries like South Africa, India, Sweden, The UAE, Australia and the USA.
We have enjoyed considerable growth in revenues, profits and company size in recent years and are now looking to hire an experienced Marketing Manager with a creative mind to help the company to build on our success nationally and internationally and achieve our ambitious goals.
We have a small but busy marketing department of 3 people within a friendly and supportive company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and guide our small but effective marketing team
- To look after your company’s image, brand and its standing within the market place
- Development and implementation of the Brand strategy
- Developing the marketing strategy for new and existing products
- Overseeing implementation of the Marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
- Working closely with the company’s Sales teams; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate leads, tools, materials and presentations
- Ensuring that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team
- Work closely with product management team to define marketing materials and programs
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organisation
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles ideally within the education sector
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Creative thinker – keeping up to date with current / future marketing trends
- Knowledge and experience of marketing to the UK education sector.
There’s a lot of networking and people-meeting and you’ll need to have imagination and enthusiasm, an eye for trends and products but also be a clear thinker and good communicator.
The successful applicant will ideally have a marketing/business degree or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a busy marketing environment. A full understanding of all areas of marketing is essential. Familiarity with the education sector would be useful, although not essential.
Beyond this, the successful applicant will also be a strong fit within our company and have the ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally. To this end, s/he will need at all times to be:
- Highly motivated, results-oriented and have a clear focus on business growth
- Positive in outlook with a willingness to support and aid colleagues and customers
- Passionate in offering the best quality of service possible to our customers
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses his or her own performance
- Credible with a professional demeanour, comfortable in dealing with people at all levels
- A team player with strong and empathetic communication skills; having the ability to see things from all people’s points of view – both within the 2Simple team and when working with external parties.
Further information about the company can be found at www.2simple.com. For more details, or to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to include your current/most recent salary level or salary expectations to Stuart Abrahams (Managing Director).
2simple is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring that all partners, staff, job applicants, customers and suppliers are treated fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background including gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic origin, religion/belief or disability).