HR Business Partner
January 31, 2020
Who we are we?
Joskos is an award-winning service provider to schools, colleges and Multi Academy Trusts across the UK. We are an ambitious, exciting company that places its people and delivering outstanding service to our customers above all.
The schools market is the major contributor to Joskos business, achieving circa £8m per annum in Revenue. Our customers traditionally lead the way in terms of adopting new and strategically important ICT solutions and have a commitment to embedding ICT in the curriculum.
Joskos employs over 100 people 30% of which are based in the head office in London and 70% are field based engineers, projects managers and consultants. The majority of the employees are IT specialists but there are also a range of standard support and sales teams.
Joskos are one of the key suppliers on the Crown Commercial Services ICT Services Framework and have established an account base of support contract holders, key spending sites and Free Schools & UTCs, and with this a number of existing and emerging Multi Academy Trusts (MATs).
To enable our education partners to deliver technologically led, transformational learning, experiences to 500,000 learners every day by 2023.
We believe every child has an inner genius that is waiting to be recognised, embraced and explored. We exist to serve organisations and learners in utilising the right technology, in removing obstacles to learning and in creating transformational experiences – and it all takes place in the classrooms where our own learning journey began.
P&T BUSINESS PARTNER:
To recruit, retain and develop existing Joskos employees so that we have the right quality and quantity of employees to meet and ideally exceed our customer’s needs and expectations.
- To put in place a people strategy that ensures each employee feels valued, challenged and support in their role and is aligned with the overall business strategy.To make sure Joskos is seen as a first class employer and constantly receives high employee satisfactions scores across all departments and functions.
- To create and implement an employee development programme that provides a range of opportunities for all employees to progress their technical and personal skills.
- To oversee the appraisal and performance review systems to ensure all employees receive regular 360 appraisals and have a constantly evolving career development plan
- To provide guidance and advice to the C level to ensure the remuneration and rewards packages in place across the business are appropriate to retain our top talent and extend the average length of service of Joskos employees
- To drive an organisational change programme that supports the business strategy and growth ambitions of the company.
- Support and update the organisation on all employee relations matters
- Proactive support of the delivery of HR processes
- Drive business performance
- Assess risk and identify gaps in employee relation processes
- Facilitate the management team to bring the best solutions for employee retention and development
- Design key job positions and succession plans
- Challenge organisational structure and actively design improvements
- Develop the HR team to increase competencies as HR Business Partners
- Work across business disciplines to lead and influence change at a strategic level
- Head up the operational function within the HR department
- Provide support and guidance for managers and staff on HR issues including employment legislation
- CIPD qualified is mandatory
- Thorough working experience of resolving complex casework problems
- Strong employee relations background
- Negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills