IT Projects Engineer
January 31, 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joskos is an award-winning service provider to schools, colleges and Multi Academy Trusts across the UK. We are an ambitious, exciting company that places its people and delivering outstanding service to our customers above all.
The schools market is the major contributor to Joskos business, achieving circa £8m per annum in Revenue. Our customers traditionally lead the way in terms of adopting new and strategically important ICT solutions and have a commitment to embedding ICT in the curriculum.
Joskos are one of the key suppliers on the Crown Commercial ICT Services Framework and have established an account base of support contract holders, key spending sites and Free Schools & UTCs, and with this a number of existing and emerging Multi Academy Trusts (MATs).
To work with Joskos Project Managers and Technical Project Manager in planning, scoping and delivering projects as well as providing technical line management for junior project engineers and contractors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver projects to defined timescales and project objectives, effectively communicate and manage projects expectations to all relevant stakeholders
- Maintain project delivery schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems
- Assist Project Managers in managing contractors and junior project engineers during project delivery
- Conduct network surveys and assessments
- Review and document key tasks and deliverables for business as usual projects to enable project team/contractors to implement
- Create technical project documentation
- Network Surveys
- Training / How-to guides
- Attend customer meetings to define requirements, document customer expectations and liaise with builders and external parties
- Review technical solutions prior to submissions
- Assist Sales team with proposals and provide technical consultation and guidance
- Research and Develop technical deployments and implementations to ensure projects are delivered as effective and efficiently as possible.
- Manage and develop junior project engineers
- Provide support and guidance on best practice to project engineers
- 3rd line escalation for technical issues
- Direct reporting for selected engineers
- Assist Solution Architects and Sales Team with bids and tenders – review technical documentation
- Liaise with suppliers for Technical specifications
- Proven ability to configure and troubleshoot a variety of Windows Server OS: 2003 through 2012 R2Windows Servers
- Active Directory – installation and configuration of all aspects of AD DS and its associated services (Group Policies, DNS, DHCP) across different environments
- Installation and configuration of all Window Server 2012 R2 server roles and core features (DFS, NAP, Direct Access, RDS)
- Virtualisation – Excellent understanding of the virtualization concepts with working knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V, including highly-available clusters
- Storage – proven ability to create highly-resilient SANs. Dell EqualLogic & HP StorageWorks experience beneficial
- Knowledge of deployment solutions such as WDS/MDT essential. Experience with SCCM highly advantageous
- Networking – Good understanding of the networking stack, TCP/IP and subnetting. Ability to deal with a wide range of networking hardware from different vendors. Comfortable with configuring VLANs, ACLs, STP and static routing (Dell Networking / HP / Cisco switches exposure beneficial)
- Comfortable with a range of backup products, including VM-level solutions – Veeam, Backup Exec etc.
- Exchange – exposure to Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013, including upgrades/migration projects
- Experience dealing with Google Apps and Office 365
- Understanding of managed wireless solutions (Ruckus advantageous), including 802.1X security and guest/BYOD networks
- Experience with Sophos Enterprise Console and other managed antivirus systems
- Experience conducting network and server surveys
- Experience in compiling technical documentation including use of Visio diagrams
- Ability to keep abreast of developments in the market relevant to our business
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures including quality, Environmental and information security.
- Experience with Firewalls and Web filtering products – LGFL, Smoothwall, Sonicwall, Websense
- Knowledge of mobile devices (iOS, Android) their management (Lightspeed, Meraki, etc.) and their integration with Windows networks beneficial
- Experience with Apple OSX and/or Google networks advantageous (Open Directory AD integration, Google Management Console, Google/AD integration Google Classroom Deployment)
- Experience in Dell and HP server, networking and storage hardware
- Qualifications such as MCSE, MCSA or MCITP would be highly beneficial towards your application
- Previous knowledge or experience within the education sector or school sector would be beneficial
- Professional, customer service minded
- Solutions oriented with good excellent solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent Time Management, and Planning & Control
- Proactive and take initiative
- Team player
- Hands on approach
- Flexible approach
NB: The applicant must have a full, clean driving licence and will be required to complete a DBS check application.