Marketing and Communications Manager
£35K - £45K
December 5, 2018
Marketing and Communications Manager – HES
‘HES’ – Havering Education Services is the London Borough of Havering’s commercial brand of support services to education establishments. Our brand is a federation of distinct and integrated service units spread across the Council’s directorates. Our portfolio of services includes but is not limited to the following:
- Consultancy on leadership and governance
- School improvement and curriculum
- Finance and Management Information Systems support and consultancy
- HR and Payroll Services
- Catering Services
- Pupil and Staff Wellbeing Services
- Brokering and procurement of externally sourced services
‘HES’ is one of the most dynamic local authority education trading entity in the UK and is undergoing significant transformational change to further expand its customer base, grow revenue streams and enhance customer focus, service and delivery. Our vision is to become the provider of choice for services and training in London and South East England and to achieve strong financial outcomes.
- Havering is London’s most easterly Borough, Havering is rich in heritage, with the highest proportion of older people in London as well as a fast-growing younger population.
- Romford is a major sub-regional centre with a large retail and nightlife economy. It is one of the oldest market towns in South East England. Other significant centres in Havering include Hornchurch, Upminster and Rainham.
- As well as many towns and villages Havering has a wealth of open space, from the riverside marshes and wildlife habitats in Rainham, to over a hundred parks and open spaces.
- Havering is well connected into the Capital by rail and by the District Line and abuts the M25. From 2018, Havering will be served by 3 Crossrail stations at Romford, Gidea Park and Harold Wood.
- Transport links, vibrant shopping centres, open green spaces and good schools makes us a very attractive place to live, with a growing population.
Marketing and Communications Manager- 1 Year Fixed term Contract
Due to the growth of ‘HES’ -Havering Education Services, we are entering an exciting period of expansion and require the skills of a creative marketing specialist to manage all aspects of the marketing activities, including offering strategic marketing input to the overall business strategy.
This role is a great platform for a marketing specialist to move to a more autonomous role, and have a wider influence over marketing strategies and activities. This role will involve both the creation and execution of ideas, and therefore is perfect for someone who enjoys both aspects.
This is a unique opportunity, a newly created role and one that can be shaped by the vision and abilities of the post holder. This role is key in delivering increased customer engagement, value propositions and generating new B2B opportunities. Initially, a 12 months contract, the impact the role makes will be a contributing factor in the continuation past 12 months.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is an established Marketing and Communications Manager with a focus on Internal, B2B and B2C marketing & communications. This could also be the opportunity for an experienced senior marketing and communications executive to step up and take the lead on and shape marketing and communications both internally and externally and lead on a number of new lead generation campaigns.
You will have experience across the wider marketing communications mix and be comfortable with internal and external communications campaign planning and delivery, content curation and conceptualisation of marketing campaigns.
You will have a strategic mind and be able to marry this with a naturally curious, creative flair. It is essential that you have a track record of producing compelling marketing and communications campaigns across both traditional and digital channels and have managerial experience.
Experience and understanding of the education services sector will be advantageous for the successful candidate but this is not a prerequisite.
The successful candidate will also possessing the following:
- Educated to degree level (or holding the equivalent level of professional experience in marketing/communications)
- Professional Marketing qualification e.g. Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma or equivalent
- Evidence of recent and relevant Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- At least 3 years’ professional experience within marketing/communications
- Experience of developing and delivering a marketing strategy for a diverse group of services that contributes to income targets and growth objectives and increases customer engagement
- Experience of delivering successful marketing plans and campaigns within departmental budgets
- Able to use customer data and insight to inform marketing and communication plans
- Adept at implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns that deliver a strong ROI
- Able to carry out market analysis, including benchmarking and market research using this to determine strategy development as well as in identifying opportunities for growth or additional income
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Shola Omogbehin (Head of Education Traded Services) on 01708433783 or 07904116353.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Wednesday 5th December 2018. We anticipate that interest in this job will be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Friday 7th December 2018.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place on Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th December 2018.
For further details and to apply please click here.