December 12, 2019
Job title: Marketing Coordinator
Reporting lines: Reports to the Engagement Manager, with direct access to Directors.
Hours: Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm)
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Application deadline: Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 12 December
About BESA: BESA, the British Educational Suppliers Association, is the only trade association covering the entirety of the UK educational suppliers sector. It has an 86-year heritage serving the UK education sector, and represents over 300 educational suppliers in the UK, including manufacturers and distributors of equipment, materials, books, consumables, furniture, technology, ICT hardware and digital-content related services to the education market. Combined, they generate upwards of £2 billion of revenue each year.
BESA offers unparalleled support, research, events and advice on both UK and International markets, and the future of the education suppliers industry. BESA founded the BETT Show in 1985, the Education Show in 1991 and the Education World Forum in 2011 and currently has over 40 education start-ups in its “Launchpad” programme.
About the role:
This role requires working with the Engagement Manager to deliver all of BESA’s communications to all its stakeholders (e.g. members, media, schools, government) through the media, website, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, speeches, marketing collateral and social media – alongside undertaking research work and CRM maintenance.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
- Planning and implementing marketing campaigns to support BESA activities such as events, training, policy initiatives and member services
- Writing, creating and deploying regular email marketing campaigns to all BESA audiences including members, non-members and schools
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- Maintaining and updating information on BESA’s website
- Communicating with colleagues and key stakeholders, including members, schools, politicians and the media
- Using social media for both paid and organic campaigns to drive traffic and increase followers (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc)
- Identifying new marketing channels to help deliver the BESA strategic plan
- Writing and editing BESA’s comms, blogs, articles, press releases and printed marketing materials
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email
- Maintaining BESA’s media database in the CRM
- Managing all generic email inboxes, and responding to any inbound queries
- Assisting the Engagement Manager as required
- Coordinating the submission of entries to the ERAs and Bett Awards, and any other awards BESA are involved in
What you have to offer:
- Ability to write engaging copy – strong written English essential
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role
- Experience of education market preferable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Passionate about social media, plus experience of paid-for campaigns
- Experience in use of CRM systems, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience in using CMS websites, especially WordPress
- Excellent presentation skills and telephone manner with the confidence to engage with a wide range of companies, often with individuals at a senior level
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to juggle multiple tasks under pressure
- Personable, engaging individual with the ability to add value to the overall team effort
- Enthusiastic and committed to achieving both individual and organisational goals, demonstrating a clear understanding of BESA and what it is trying to achieve
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent work experience
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- The role is a permanent position with a three-month probationary period
Estimated start date: Immediate, although notice periods are fully taken into account.
Other details: Applications will only be considered when accompanied by a covering letter outlining your interest in the role, and why you would like to work at BESA.
For all queries relating to the job specification, please contact BESA Operations Director Julia Garvey