October 2, 2018
Marketing Executive – 2Simple Software
COMPANY: The aim of our software is to create a space where children can learn while being creative, using the technology and tools they will have to use for the rest of their lives. We take difficult concepts and make them accessible to children of all abilities. We are dedicated to making software that raises standards, enhances the learning experience, and saves teachers’ time. In 1999 we released the Infant Video Toolkit, a child-friendly office suite for desktop publishing, painting, graphing and coding. Today over 90% of UK primary schools use 2Simple software and our tools are used by teachers and students all around the world, in countries like South Africa, India, Sweden, The UAE, Australia and the USA.
We have enjoyed considerable growth in revenues, profits and company size in recent years and are now looking to hire an experienced Marketing Executive with a creative mind to help the company to build on our success nationally and internationally and achieve our ambitious goals.
We have a small but busy marketing department of 3 people within a friendly and supportive company.
ROLE OVERVIEW: This is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of the marketing team in an ambitions and international company. This role utilises the full marketing mix and will provide the successful candidate with experience in the lead on some innovative and measurable campaigns.
The successful candidate will be the lead marketer within 2Simple for content generation, leading to increased awareness and preference for the 2Simple brand and the 2Simple product offering in both the UK and International education sectors, working in close conjunction with the rest of the marketing team.
- Share responsibility for the company’s marketing strategy, planning and implementation.
- Conduct market/customer research where appropriate to ensure 2Simple fully understands its customer’s/prospect’s wants and needs.
- Collaborating with product and development teams to produce relevant copy for brochures, sales materials and product briefs.
- Manage 2Simple’s social channels to ensure we are achieving growth, maintaining and exceeding our strong brand reputation and driving lead generation.
- Manage 2Simple’s customer emails both in the UK and other territories with the support of the wider marketing team.
- Tune-in to the key issues and drivers within each 2Simple target segment and author or commission appropriate content that demonstrates thought leadership in these areas.
- Produce whitepapers, e-books, infographics, opinion pieces, articles, news items etc. to help increase engagement and lead conversion in both campaign and online marketing activities.
- Manage and deliver 2Simple’s content calendar ensuring regular, relevant and engaging content is delivered on time to meet the wider marketing objectives.
- Develop 2Simple’s social media strategy and implement communications utilising the most appropriate social channels to develop and grow the community.
- Engage with ‘fans’ and ‘followers’ to build relationships with the community and encourage engagement. Report on engagements and liaise with internal stakeholders to relay feedback insights gained.
- Manage the Champion Schools Programme (CSP) and drive output from participants particularly in the form of case studies and testimonials (both video and written).
- Responsibility for the 2Simple blog and the production of frequent, timely blog posts that drive traffic to the 2Simple site and encourage social propagation.
- Work with the wider marketing, sales, product development and project management teams to provide content support for specific sales campaigns.
- Create presentation materials and delivery of product demonstrations as required.
- Edit and rewrite company copy written by other members of the marketing, product or sales teams.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with an excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent planning abilities.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time content creation and distribution tactics.
- Continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions.
- Passionate and articulate with the ability to analyse the implications of online communications.
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of the target market and be a font of inspiration for content ideas.
- A track record of delivering quality content on tight deadlines.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, Flash, etc.
- Awareness of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Hubspot), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- Working knowledge of Quark Xpress, InDesign and Photoshop would be useful but not essential.
The successful applicant will ideally have a marketing/business degree or have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a busy marketing environment. An understanding of all areas of marketing is essential. Familiarity with the education sector would be useful, although not essential. The individual must be self-motivated and used to working in a busy environment with the ability to work unsupervised.
Beyond this, the successful applicant will also be a strong fit within our company and have the ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally:
- Highly motivated, results-oriented and have a clear focus on business growth.
- Positive in outlook with a willingness to support and aid colleagues and customers.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses his or her own performance.
- Credible with a professional demeanour, comfortable in dealing with people at all levels.
- A team player with strong and empathetic communication skills; having the ability to see things from all people’s points of view – both within the 2Simple team and when working with external parties.
- Well-presented, business-like and keen to gain new experiences, responsibilities and accountabilities as the company continues its growth
Further information about the company can be found at www.2simple.com. For more details, or to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to include your current/most recent salary level or salary expectations to Jazz Berry, Marketing Manager.
2simple is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring that all partners, staff, job applicants, customers and suppliers are treated fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background including gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic origin, religion/belief or disability).