New Product Development Team Manager
July 28, 2021
We have a fantastic opportunity for a New Product Development Team Manager here at Findel Education. This is a pivotal role, reporting directly to the Head of Buying, with overall responsibility for developing an innovative NPD strategy, with the aim of developing inspiring products which provide Findel with a significant point of different in the educational marketplace. In addition to leading a team of four Product Developers covering all curriculum areas, you will also manage your own portfolio of innovative projects.
Findel Education is a leading supplier of educational resources, providing all of the products schools and nurseries need, delivered when they want them, at highly competitive prices. You will operate in a fast moving, exciting and developing environment with a passionate, ambitious and supportive team culture.
• Liaise with Senior Leadership & Exec team to champion the work of the NPD team, providing visibility of projects across the business and updating on project milestones, timelines and budgets.
• Lead the team to develop an inspirational range of new products to meet the demands of the market from concept to profitable sales.
• Effectively manage budgets for NPD, travel and shows, ensuring cost efficiency, maximising ROI and managing the commerciality of projects.
• Develop product ROIs, working within budget constraints and forecasting levels, in conjunction with the Merchandising team. Report on product performance against ROI for 5 years post product launch.
• Identify products in the existing range that can be re-developed to improve their sales performance (solutions based, diversification, product updates etc.)
• Develop an innovative NPD strategy and produce NPD business plans to ensure successful delivery of the strategy.
• Work in partnership with the Merchandising team to manage the stock in-take process and sales forecasts.
• Work in partnership with the Buying Team and Customer Insight Manager to generate ideas for innovative products, that meet customers’ needs and inspire the next generation of learners.
• Take an active role to ensure that the NPD team works closely with the Quality Assurance team at every stage of the product development process, ensuring that products meet all the required quality standards.
• Lead, coach and mentor the NPD team to achieve maximum results.
• The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar NPD role in a commercial environment, with experience of delivering revenue generating and profitable products to targeted audiences.
• Graduate level with experience of Project Management, qualification would be advantageous.
• Experience of leading a team to deliver a portfolio of new products on time and to budget; strong leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor.
• Able to demonstrate an interest in education, ideally with knowledge of or a willingness to learn about the curriculum, UK education market and current teaching methods. Able to establish a network of connections within the education industry.
• Commercially astute with excellent communication and presentation skills, able to engage and influence at all levels both internally and externally.
• Confidence, drive, energy, and tenacity to deliver success in a challenging business and market environment.
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
• Strong understanding of ROI and budget management.
• Strategic thinker, able to see the big picture when evaluating options or making decisions.
• A resilient and tenacious individual with real strength of character to drive change and deliver the NPD strategy, whilst working collaboratively with the teams across the business.
Full-time (36.5 hours per week), permanent role. Competitive salary & benefits package including 25 days holiday plus an additional holiday to celebrate your Birthday, contributory pension scheme & staff discounts. We are currently working from home and anticipate returning to our office in Hyde, Greater Manchester, 2/3 days per week.
To apply, please visit our careers site: https://findeleducation.careers.adp.com