Partner Business Development Manager
September 30, 2017
Groupcall Ltd – Partner Business Development Manager
Groupcall provides communications and data extraction services to the UK education, public and private sectors. Founded in 2001, we write and develop our own software, which is sold directly to the school’s market, as well as other educational suppliers. The ‘Xporter’ suite of products and services are helping EdTech companies of all sizes to integrate with a range of school management systems, safely and reliably, across approx. 80% of UK schools.
We have enjoyed considerable growth in revenues, profits and company size in recent years and are now looking to hire an experienced & professional sales person to help us achieve our ambitious expansion plans for Xporter and our commercial B2B department.
You will have a good network of educational industry contacts, serving the UK education sector, and a proven track record of sales performance. Supported by a team of technical and marketing professionals, you will be an ambitious, disciplined and highly motivated individual, who excels at client engagement. The territory primarily covers England and Wales, requiring frequent travel to Groupcall offices (North East London) and client sites, where appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To sell a range of Groupcall products & services to the UK education supplier industry. Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contacts to achieve agreed business aims & targets.
- Contribute to marketing and product strategy.
- Manage personal time and productivity.Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, to optimisePlan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contacts to achieve agreed business aims & targets.Contribute to marketing and product strategy.
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contacts to achieve agreed business aims & targets.Contribute to marketing and product strategy.
- Contribute to marketing and product strategy.Manage personal time and productivity.Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, to optimise
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, to optimise the quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction. o Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyse, report and administer activities.Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses their own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well-presented and business-like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a week within the UK.
- Able to spend one or two nights away per month or more without upsetting domestic situation.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Must have clean or near clean driving licence.
Specific Job Skills:
- Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understands the principles of sales including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling.
- Must be adept in the use of all aspects of IT and have an excellent understanding of technologies used in UK education.
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Able to understand basic business finance, e.g. gross margin percentages and calculations
- Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
Business and Selling Skills:
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts customers and large contracts.
- Ideal background would be in selling products and services to schools and/or school suppliers
- Experience of tenders would also be useful
Beyond this, the successful applicant will also be a strong fit within our company and have the ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally. To this end, s/he will need at all times to be:
- Highly motivated, results-oriented and have a clear focus on business growth
- Positive in outlook with a willingness to support and aid colleagues and customers
- Passionate in offering the best quality of service possible to our customers
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses his or her own performance
- Credible with a professional demeanour, comfortable in dealing with people at all levels
- A team player with strong and empathetic communication skills; having the ability to see things from all people’s points of view – both within the Groupcall team and when working with external parties
- Well-presented, business-like and keen to gain new experiences, responsibilities and accountabilities as the company continues its growth
- Tenacious and proactive, articulate and numerate and able to work both as part of a team and under his or her own initiative.
Further information about the company can be found at www.groupcall.com. For more details, or to apply, please send a CV and covering letter (to include your current/most recent salary level or salary expectations) to Adrian Bantin, Partner Manager, email@example.com / 0208 5066100.
Groupcall is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring that all partners, staff, job applicants, customers and suppliers are treated fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background including gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic origin, religion/belief or disability).