Partnerships Manager (Sales)
Negotiable, depending on experience
June 28, 2019
Are you passionate about the impact that UK education products and services have on the education of the next generation?
This sales-based role is an unparalleled opportunity to become familiar with the entirety of the UK’s world-leading education suppliers sector, connect with potential sponsors for the myriad of events we run, and engage with companies across the country about the benefits of joining BESA, the industry’s trade association.
The Partnerships Manager will be dedicated to working with our events team to bring in new commercial sponsors to partner with us on our events, and working with our membership team to bring new members into the Association, and its joint venture EdTech Exchange.
An externally focused role, the successful candidate will be reaching out to potential sponsors and new members over the telephone, in meetings around the country, and at trade shows and exhibitions.
This dynamic role will put an ambitious, proactive individual at the heart of BESA’s events and membership expansion plans. Working closely with all of BESA’s teams, and reporting into BESA’s Head of Events / Membership and Marketing, the successful candidate will maintain an active pipeline of potential members to enable them to reach – and hopefully exceed – growth targets.
The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for:
• Identifying and developing sponsorship opportunities for conferences and exhibitions.
• Securing sponsorship for both International and UK events.
• Meeting revenue targets for both the events and new member recruitment.
• Maintaining regular contact with sponsor partners.
• Maintaining close liaison with the marketing and events team teams in order to ensure the delivery of successful customer focused events.
• Identifying potential members and bringing them into membership.
We are looking for a well-educated, articulate and determined individual who is:
• Highly motivated, ambitious and results driven.
• Personable , presentable and have strong relationship-building skills – you will be representing the industry to companies around the country.
• Creative and dynamic with a minimum of 2 years sales experience in B2B conference and exhibition sponsorship sales / membership recruitment for a trade body; or equivalent experience.
• Comfortable working with a sales pipeline, with regular reporting of progress against targets.
• Not afraid of picking up the phone to talk to prospective members and sponsors.
• Able to see the bigger picture and work calmly under pressure.
• Able to demonstrate a proven track record of new business generation and account management.
• Tenacious, with a “can do” approach and high professional standards.
• Externally focused and enjoys networking and being proactive in finding new leads.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of, and passion for, the UK education suppliers’ sector.
Hours: Monday – Friday (9am – 5pm)
Location: Canary Wharf, London (with some travel in the UK)
Competitive salary – negotiable depending on experience
25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
The role has a three-month probationary period.
How to apply: Submit a CV with a covering letter by email to Julia Garvey outlining your interest in the role, and specifying why you would like to work at BESA in particular. Applications submitted without an accompanying covering letter that demonstrates an understanding of what BESA does will be not be considered.
Application deadline: 5pm on Friday 28 June 2019.