May 18, 2018
Product Director – Innovate My School
We are building the world’s first online marketplace centred around education technology (EdTech) efficacy. We are removing barriers for the best EdTech to thrive, where success will be based on the size of a product’s impact in schools, and not the size of its marketing budget. We will be enabling schools to make more evidence-informed decisions around the procurement of EdTech, helping school leaders to rapidly evaluate, with rigour, what works and what doesn’t in their, often complex, school environment.
Innovate My School’s community reaches thousands of UK and international school leaders through its online content and event, and is partnered with some of the industry’s leading organisations in the EdTech space. Supported by an experienced advisory board, we are a passionate and talented team who have been disrupting education for the last 8 years. Given our unique position within the sector – working both schools and vendors as our customers – the EdTech marketplace is a natural next step.
We are seeking an accomplished Product Director to sit at the heart of the new marketplace business, leveraging Innovate My School’s current resources, assets and partners, as well as growing and mentoring the team to ensure we execute on our exciting growth plan. You will be supported by the CEO and senior management team, with lots of opportunities for further responsibility, seniority and personal growth.
This strategic role will require an experienced product lead who is capable of building senior relationships, balancing business and technical needs to shape a long-term roadmap that will drive revenue for its sellers, and impact for its buyers. The role will require a dynamic, energetic individual who can influence, motivate and lead change within a complex education landscape.
- Manage the full product lifecycle from strategic planning through MVP refinement, story creation, development, and deployment
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop an end-to-end product roadmap and strategy with measurable business goals
- Understand, set, track and communicate with clarity the business objectives and key results
- Align product feature roadmap to deliver the strategic vision
- Responsible for ensuring market awareness is current and shared across the team
- Responsible for clearly articulating the product direction
- Be the go-to person for senior stakeholders around the business to share ideas, strategic aspirations and business needs
- Accountable for the processes that enables the collection, collation, analysis and prioritisation of customer data
- Establishing competitive intelligence and market analyses to ensure the product is market leading and future proofed
- Building business cases, selling a vision, defining requirements, analysing engagement, setting ROI, tracking and reporting, etc
- Promote the marketplace by advocating the value and benefits at internal briefings and marketing events
- Keep abreast of industry news, new research techniques and best practice
Your candidate profile:
We are looking for people with the following essential skills and experience:
- Experience with agile User-Centered Design processes
- Experience with SaaS products and eCommerce development / online marketplaces, with a global customer base
- Demonstrable experience defining and owning the product roadmap in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in implementing, developing and consistently improving internal product processes
- Understand the interplay between new features, system complexity, and technical debt, and can make trade-offs among them effectively
- Experience in multivariate tests, using customer data to drive decision-making and continuously challenge your assumptions for improvement
- Have strong stakeholder management skills and confidence to be the lead point of contact
- Demonstrable experience defining a product strategy and driving a cross-functional team to deliver on time
- Excellent networking and creative influencing skills to build trusted relationships across the organisation and customer base
- Highly analytical: strong ability to understand and synthesize data
- Strong commercial acumen: able to understand the broader business context and build a product vision that supports this
- Experience in the education sector, especially with EdTech, would be advantageous
A basic salary of £70,000 + bonus + shares + pension.
Please provide a covering letter that details why you are the best person for this job.
Closing date is Friday 18th May 2018.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £70,000.00 /year
- Product Management: 8 years (Required)