September 8, 2021
Semi-flexible working hours 0.6-0.8FTE (negotiable)
Start date: From 1st Oct (dependent on availability)
Duration: Until Aug 2023
The EDUCATE team are looking for a highly organised person with a strong ability to use and adopt
digital tools, to join our team to work on The EDUCATE programme, a programme part-funded by
the European Regional Development Fund. The person must be able to engage with our virtual
team, project partners and the companies that we serve on the EDUCATE accelerator. They must
also buy into our company motto: Everyone learning all of the time.
The successful candidate will be able to provide evidence that demonstrates their ability to
effectively carry out the key responsibilities of this appointment.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK.
About the Role
Key skills requirements
• Ability to work in an efficient and organised manner to deliver results in line with key
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with a wide range of
stakeholders and partners
• Good oral, written and digital communication skills
• Good familiarity with various online platforms and an ability to pick up unfamiliar digital
tools e.g. Zoom, Mighty Networks, Monday.com, video editor, excel, survey monkey etc…
The person will report to the Director of Acceleration and will be responsible for:
• Day-to-day administration of the EDUCATE Programme, including:
• Managing and keeping programme records and assisting with reports on outputs for
• Database management, e.g., input new and update existing data on the customer
relationship management and project management software.
• Ensuring the existing data in the database and project management software is
accurate and up to date.
• Arrange virtual and face to face meetings, meeting rooms & catering as required.
• Support the timely preparation of required paperwork for ERDF claims and other
• Arrange all training and events for cohorts.
• Work with the team to prepare and maintain training material, an effective virtual
training environment and virtual community of EdTech companies.
• To assist the Director of Acceleration with all communication to all stakeholders through
clear verbal, written and digital correspondence.
• To attend events organised by the team to assist with event delivery.
• Organising meetings and events as required, transcribing, and distributing notes/minutes of
• Providing general administrative support to the Director of Acceleration and the accelerator
• Support the creation of engaging content for programme participants and other
• Act as the first point of communication for EDUCATE 2.0 participants and ensure that they
are kept abreast of EDUCATE activities and news.
• To undertake other tasks as appropriate as directed by Director of Acceleration
In addition, you will be expected:
• To Adhere to the EDUCATE Ventures business values and mission.
• To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and amended in
consultation with the post holder.
Please submit the following to Yarden@educateventures.com
1. CV outlining any experience relevant to the role and two people who can provide references
(we will not contact the people you have listed to provide a reference unless you
2. A cover letter OR 2 minute second video explaining why you are applying for the role and
answering the following question:
Our company’s motto is ‘Everyone Learning All the Time.’ Tell us about something that you
are interested in and how you know when you have learned something.
Based on the above information we will be selecting candidates for one interview in Mid-September.