March 9, 2018
We are seeking an educational Project Editor with a solid knowledge of digital and print publishing. The ideal candidate should have an interest in the educational assessment sector, excellent attention to detail, as well as a can-do approach across multiple projects.
Schools want to do the best for every pupil. The more they know about a pupil, the more they can find the best way to teach them.
At GL Assessment, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to grow children to their best potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions which helps teachers learn more about their pupils so they can find the best way to teach them.
We are the leading UK provider in what we do and growing fast internationally, at the last count we have delivered over 7 million online tests across the globe. However this only accounts for 1% of the children in the world. Our mission is to ensure all children have the best possible start by having access to our education tools.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all editorial work is delivered to agreed schedule, budget and quality, ready for either print or digital publication.
- Management of all proof stages; pre-flighting and handing over final files to print procurement; approving plotters.
- Liaising with other teams (marketing, PR, digital development) and offering editorial services as and when required.
- Maintaining project schedules, anticipating potential risks and delays and acting to mitigate them where possible, keeping stakeholders informed.
- Maintaining project budgets and seeking cost efficiencies where possible; balancing budget, schedule and quality priorities.
What are we looking for?
- Strong copy editing skills, preferably with experience of artwork briefing and digital manuscript preparation.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and offer effective solutions to problems.
- Experience of scheduling and budget tracking is preferred
- High standard of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- BUPA Healthcare
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- On site gym, weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
Interested or want to know more? Please email your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested and why we should meet you, to: GL.Recruitment@gl-assessment.co.uk by Friday 9th March 2018.
No agencies please – our fabulous recruitment team are on the case!