Social Media Executive – Blackburn
October 31, 2017
Learning by Questions
Job Title: Social Media Professional
Learning by Questions www.lbq.org
We are a new organisation, funded by a charitable trust on a mission to change teaching forever. Using an advanced teaching pedagogy along with classroom technology and instant feedback during lessons, students learn more effectively and teachers can become the teacher they always wanted to be.
We are looking to expand our online presence with an enthusiastic Social Media Professional who can drive day-to-day social media conversation across multiple channels including our website, Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Mail Chimp, Google+ as well as seeking out further social networking opportunities such as webinars.
This is a new position which gives the successful candidate an opportunity to shape their own role in line with our aim to maximise positive brand engagement, create awareness of our products and promotions, and to demonstrate our thought leadership of effective teaching and learning. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of managing social media channels preferably coupled with a good knowledge and passion for education. Being able to work independently and show initiative whilst being a team player is also essential.
Primary tasks and objectives will include:
- Develop engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts, which enlighten audiences and promote brand-focused messages.
- Manage social media contributors, including copywriters and other content creators, by overseeing their work and offering guidance or direction.
- Manage our customer contact database, plan and schedule campaigns/posts in line with new product releases, projects, events and promotions.
- Actively seek out content opportunities including photos and videos at our offices, on location and at industry events.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written) with liaison and management of external suppliers and agencies to procure marketing/design services.
- Initiate, monitor, listen and respond to followers/customers via the above platforms as well as YouTube and industry-relevant forums.
- Use of all available analytics and tools to report/feedback on digital marketing performance, making suggestions for future strategy accordingly.
- Research and evaluate potential new social media platforms.
- Contribute web editorial, blogging, news, newsletters and/or video content utilising a high standard of written English, attention to detail and a flair for proofreading and creative writing.
- Manage and report on the company’s communication campaigns.
- Research competitor activity as well as industry issues and stories.
- Assist the marketing department with other digital activities.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a digital marketing or similar role.
- Thorough understanding of key digital marketing concepts and best practice.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills with the ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Works well with other departments to develop social media timelines coinciding with new product releases, projects, communication campaigns, or other brand messages.
- Lots of enthusiasm and passion with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A good sense of humour.
- Experience with creating and monitoring social media, Google AdWords and e-mail campaigns to drive awareness, lead generation and/or sales.
- Proven track record of using digital marketing to grow a user base and/or revenue.
- An understanding of latest SEO techniques and processes to improve digital performance.
- Familiarisation with data protection compliance.
- Excellent copy-writing skills for a variety of audiences and channels.
- Creating graphics, taking a decent photograph or video, extracting the right piece of text that tells our story. You need to be a whizz with editing software, creating GIFS etc. as well as carefully curating the content to define our brand and tone.
Required skills and experience:
- Digital marketing: 2 years.
- A full driving license and own transport.
- Video editing.
- Basic graphic design and Photoshop skills.
- Ideally a degree in marketing, social media English/Journalism/Creative writing or similar.
- Education sector experience or knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time. Hours 9am-5pm (5 days a week with flexibility to invest time outside of office hours)
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire.
Salary: £16-20k dependent on experience.
Holidays: 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
Other benefits: After a probation period, staff are invited to join the Company pension scheme along with, private health insurance and life assurance benefits.
Send your CV to email@example.com Quoting Social Media Executive