Support Coordinator – SalamanderSoft
February 28, 2022
To support our growing customer base, we are looking for a Support Coordinator to help us take the next step in our development and growth and help us maintain our high level of support and service to our customers. The Support Coordinator will be accountable for the Support team function, and for the satisfaction of our customers.
SalamanderSoft currently consists of 29 employees, 11 of whom are support staff. We are a growing company that has tripled in size over the past 2 years and our ethos is to provide excellent service to our customers and to be the best at what we do. This is reflected in the fact that all our sales are via word of mouth/recommendations – we do not have a sales team, and we are still growing strongly.
All our roles are remote working, so you will be working from home. As a UK based company, we are looking for a candidate who resides in the UK. It is expected that the Support Coordinator will have a technical background and have experience coordinating / managing IT Support teams and/or services.
We have a great reputation with our customers and are looking to grow the team that support them and continue to improve where we can.
The Support Team
The team working on support handle all the customer support for our customers, often managing over 100 tickets a day working directly with our customers to configure installations to their needs. The team use an online Service Desk and remote access solutions (both proprietary and 3rd party for remotely managing customers installations)
Who we are looking for:
The Support Coordinator will coordinate the day-to-day Support function of the company, ensuring the high standards our customers and team have come to expect.
Attitude will be key, and we’ll be looking for someone who:
- has a drive and passion for what they do
- uses their initiative and gets things done
- is self-motivated and able to motivate their team
- is comfortable working with customers and aims to deliver over their expectations
- has enthusiasm and interest in technology.
- is able to support technical teams
- wants to be the best that they can be and strives for excellence
- can work independently and remotely
- has a hunger to learn new skills
As this is a remote role you will need a suitable area for working in your home, a broadband connection and probably a kettle.
Technology being such a fast-moving field, we would expect you to have a thirst for knowledge and be keen to improve your skills, with a proven track record of doing so.
What you will be doing
You will be coordinating the existing support team (currently made up of 11 people) who remotely support our range of products into schools and other educational institutions across the UK and further afield.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be accountable for the work undertaken by the Support team
- Develop and implement policies and strategies to ensure the continued delivery of excellent service as the company grows
- Ensure the Support team have the appropriate tools and hardware to complete their roles effectively
- Ensure the performance of the Support team and communications are in line with the companies ethos.
- Ensure any processes or procedures are documented and freely available to all members of the operations team
- Ensure that new team members have suitable mentoring and induction during and following initial induction
- Work with the Development team to manage requests for new features and functionality and new tools to support the teams’ function, to minimise the occurrence of common issues and improve the efficiency of the team
- Work with the Head of Operations to recruit new team members when needed
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners where required
- Work with the Head of Development to ensure effective communication between departments
- As a fully remote-based company since it’s founding in 2007, our work is conducted predominately from our own homes, although some travel and hotel stay may be needed to allow us to meet as a team and best support our customers.
What we will do for you
- We will offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience, together with pension contributions
- You’ll be able to make your mark in a growing business and advance your career
- We’ll provide 5 weeks paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- You’ll have the opportunity for flexibility in your working hours
- We’ll support you in improving your current skills and work with you to develop new ones
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with anything you want to support your application. Links to social media and community involvement would be great as well. Noting where you saw the ad would be helpful to us.
If you would like more information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Gavan Vettese-Wilson directly either on LinkedIn, or directly via email at email@example.com