Part-Time HR Manager (3 days a week)
September 14, 2018
Part-Time HR Manager – Tassomai
What is Tassomai?
Tassomai is an intelligent learning program that helps students achieve outstanding results in GCSE science. We use multiple choice style micro-quizzes to build students’ knowledge, boost confidence and reduce exam stress – and while students learn, teachers get live data feedback allowing them to intervene.
Tassomai’s vision is to be an indispensable education tool for everyone. Our current focus is to support teaching and learning in secondary science by making sure students learn in a more efficient and effective way, and by giving schools, teachers and parents the tools to help. We want to ‘level the playing field’ for those students without access to private tuition.
What’s the challenge?
Tassomai has been growing steadily for the last couple of years so we’ve been busy putting processes, systems and an organisational structure in place. The team is growing fast too and it’s time for us to introduce a brilliant HR Manager to oversee and facilitate the vitally important people-side of this growth.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone who is seeking a flexible role with a fast-growing startup.
We need someone who has a genuine passion for people. Working closely with the Leadership and Management teams, you will be responsible for:
- Admin, benefits and payroll
- Contracts, policies and application of policies
- Coordinating, facilitating and executing our recruitment strategy
- Facilitating the continuous onboarding of new team members
- Creating and implementing a brilliant performance review process to ensure everyone is supported and on the right growth path
- Coordinating management 121s
- Employee wellbeing
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in HR Management
- Experience in employment law and contracts
- Experience in the application of policies
- Recruitment experience (preferably in tech but it’s not a dealbreaker)
- Empathetic and good at having open conversations
- Observant and organised
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing review/appraisal processes
- Passion for people
What is it like to work at Tassomai?
We strongly believe that ideas can come from anywhere, so we are looking for someone who not only has big ideas, but can help others realise their potential too. We are building a cross-functional structure where employees are encouraged to be the best at what they know while working collaboratively with other departments.
We’re a team of 20 and we’re a relaxed but hardworking bunch. There is plenty of cross-team collaboration, we celebrate success (and birthdays) and we pride ourselves on our open and supportive culture.
“It’s the type of company that if you have the drive and curiosity to be or do something, the opportunity is there for the taking.” Andrew, Product Designer
Where would you be working?
We’re based on the 5th floor of an old pharmaceutical warehouse in Bethnal Green. It’s a co-working space and we’ve bagged the best office which is light and airy with a balcony – and we love it!
There’s a great cafe, a gym offering bargain membership and we’re a stone’s throw from Bethnal Green tube and Bethnal Green overground stations.
- EMI share scheme
- Flexible working
- 22 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel card loan scheme
- More coffee-making apparatus than the rest of East London put together
Salary: £25k – £30k
How do you apply?
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
As well as an up to date CV, please send your answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Tassomai? (300 words)
- What do you value? (300 words)
- If you had £500 to spend on personal development, how would you spend it? (300 words)